My transmission is going out.
09-28-2018, (Subject: My transmission is going out. ) 
RE: My transmission is going out.
Mr. Hag is extremely good at rebuilding trannys. He will be the first to tell someone that by the time you really go through it and replace all the worn parts and bushings and shafts... you end up in parts about the same as a reman.

2k to me sounds a bit cheap when considering labor unless they are only replacing the one part that broke.

just my opinion, I have never had one apart aside looking inside mine and having it inspected when the clutch was replaced.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
10-05-2018, (Subject: My transmission is going out. ) 
So i finally got the truck back and its great. This is so muchhhhh better! its a night and day difference for me.

Tranny was 3.9k + 2.5 labor = 6.4k. The shop took that junk radiator off and replaced it with a air cooler. The labor came out a little more then anticipated but i had to change couple of extra bits and pc's since i was getting a rebuilt tranny.

When i took the truck for a test drive, i noticed when it was in neutral it would grind a little for a split second. Not much but you could tell. So i talk to the mechanics they told me its got nothing to do with how they put it back together but with the tranny. I call weller and tell them about it and the guy tells me he wouldn't know since he doesnt drive a truck..... Also i noticed when im in neutral at a dead stop, it takes quite a while for me to engage into a gear to take off. other then that for the most part, the tranny is good.

Does it take some time to break it in?

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Grinding at any time is not good. Most likely a bearing is a hair loose causeing it to chatter. The clutch brake might need to be adjusted if ot takes more than a few seconds to get the shaft to stop spinning so you can get it into gear...just my thoughts
replyreply
So i got a new OEM clutch and clutch break with the transmission.... maybe i need too take it back for them to readjust it for me?. Much appreciated bud!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(10-05-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Grinding at any time is not good. Most likely a bearing is a hair loose causeing it to chatter. The clutch brake might need to be adjusted if ot takes more than a few seconds to get the shaft to stop spinning so you can get it into gear...just my thoughts

So i have a solo self adjusting clutch.... i dont think they can adjust it. correct me if i am wrong.

replyreply
I think you can tighten the linkage and adjust the squeeze pressure of the clutch brake. Theres a measurement between throwout bearing to release fork fingers as well as clearance from throwout bearing to transmission face.

Just dont tighten it too much lol
replyreply
boy i wish i could get 2500 to swap out a transmission.... but like rawze said when coolant gets into it the trans. I normally go with weller. Great people and if anything happens they give you the labor back within reason....By the time you buy the snynco and all bearings, you will have about 2800 parts and labor in it...only 90 day warranty wereas weller has 2 years
replyreply
Here is the bill from the shop, you guys tell me if this is good or not for all the work that was done for the money.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Second pic

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.