ISX in a Volvo low fuel pressure
09-27-2018, (Subject: ISX in a Volvo low fuel pressure ) 
ISX in a Volvo low fuel pressure
Low fuel Pressure
Sent this to Rawze in a PM and he made a few suggestions (Thanks a Million Rawze) He suggested that I ask here also. I hate to be a bother and ain't no green horn but this is driving me crazy. Please explain how to test your suggestion I'm stupid when it comes to this electrical junk. I did find a loose wire on the fuel shut off solenoid and could make it do it or stop by moving wire, cleaned everything and tighten and still does it but only getting low pressure fault now not low pressure electrical fault also.

I got a problem with it running rough. no smoke and only notice when idling low or high idle. It doesn't do it all the time and is unpredictable. I thought it was fuel filters, not so. It is a 04 ISX 400ST in a Volvo. the dash diagnostics shows low fuel pressure. and low fuel pressure electrical fault. The engine has 270k since rebuild and I put a new primer pump on it when I built it (long Story why) any suggestions where to look? I don't have diagnostics program just a poor old O/O that is tired of getting jacked by these parts puller shops. Any help is greatly appreciated, if I can't figure it out I'll just run it till it blows or quits then I will know what too fix. If you need to call me my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx (pm me for it) thanks again Ronnie Burt
replyreply
RE: ISX in a Volvo low fuel pressure
(09-27-2018 )Ronnie4447 Wrote:  Low fuel Pressure
Sent this to Rawze in a PM and he made a few suggestions (Thanks a Million Rawze) He suggested that I ask here also. I hate to be a bother and ain't no green horn but this is driving me crazy. Please explain how to test your suggestion I'm stupid when it comes to this electrical junk. I did find a loose wire on the fuel shut off solenoid and could make it do it or stop by moving wire, cleaned everything and tighten and still does it but only getting low pressure fault now not low pressure electrical fault also.

I got a problem with it running rough. no smoke and only notice when idling low or high idle. It doesn't do it all the time and is unpredictable. I thought it was fuel filters, not so. It is a 04 ISX 400ST in a Volvo. the dash diagnostics shows low fuel pressure. and low fuel pressure electrical fault. The engine has 270k since rebuild and I put a new primer pump on it when I built it (long Story why) any suggestions where to look? I don't have diagnostics program just a poor old O/O that is tired of getting jacked by these parts puller shops. Any help is greatly appreciated, if I can't figure it out I'll just run it till it blows or quits then I will know what too fix. If you need to call me my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx (pm me for it) thanks again Ronnie Burt

First you need to stop blind guessing and get diagnostic tools to run tests and have sensors data.
Nobody can diagnose your engine without it.
If you are 100% sure it related with fuel shut off solenoid try to replace it sometime it going bad coil inside.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ronnie4447
from my PM...

rough idle, things like ..

* Air in fuel
* Worn out fueling or metering actuators
* leaky injectors
* worn out valve train or head.

etc. come to mind.

- ALL can be tested for in one way or another.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Ronnie4447
Care to share what all you've done and confirmed good? Just so we don't run down the same path over and over again.

This could be anything from a failing mechanical pump, to a stuck check valve, bad timing and metering actuators, clogged fuel line, air in the fuel system, faulty fuel pressure sensor... It can be a lengthy and time consuming list. But snailexpress is right, without Insite or mechanical gauges and sight glasses its hard to say chase this avenue.

Here's a couple good videos so you know exactly how your fuel system works.
Isx fuel system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvvFElrc5...EjdKnwT_KM
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , Ronnie4447
(09-27-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(09-27-2018 )Ronnie4447 Wrote:  Low fuel Pressure

First you need to stop blind guessing and get diagnostic tools to run tests and have sensors data.
Nobody can diagnose your engine without it.
If you are 100% sure it related with fuel shut off solenoid try to replace it sometime it going bad coil inside.
I'm not 100% sure of anything and I will get the tools needed, I've always had my work done until I got sick of the waiting and guessing games the shops play I don't have the the money to run out and buy something I know nothing about I ask questions about what program I needed or best software. I'm doing the best I can with what I got but I'll replace the shutoff solenoid if I can get it to do it again run all day today and never missed a lick got a new one today for 60+ bucks that blind guessing is still cheaper that waiting on a shop to check it.
replyreply
(09-27-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Care to share what all you've done and confirmed good? Just so we don't run down the same path over and over again.

This could be anything from a failing mechanical pump, to a stuck check valve, bad timing and metering actuators, clogged fuel line, air in the fuel system, faulty fuel pressure sensor... It can be a lengthy and time consuming list. But snailexpress is right, without Insite or mechanical gauges and sight glasses its hard to say chase this avenue.

Here's a couple good videos so you know exactly how your fuel system works.
Isx fuel system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvvFElrc5...EjdKnwT_KM
Thanks for the videos that Tells me a lot, I have checked the voltage to the shutoff it is good, because of the loose wire and the codes it was giving I still believe it is electrical. When it started all this it would give me two low pressure codes one just said low fuel pressure, the other said low fuel pressure electrical fault, after fixing the wire it stopped throwing the electrical fault. A friend gave me Two actuators I am just trying to get it to do it again. It ran from 9 till 4 today and never missed a lick or thrower a code on the Volvo in cab diagnostics.
replyreply
Just remember that shops have avg people that work halfed- ass to kill there day . They don't give a crap about anything . The front ones that do care are so brainwashed by there training , ect , that you might as well give me 180 bucks a hour and I'll just burn it in front of you . At least I would be honest .
They do NOT have any info that you don't have , in fact your on a website that has figured out problem s that they have not even realized are problems yet .
Ex
My buddy had a check engine light came on, he figured it was a box senser . His computer just crapped out , so he takes it to the cummalog shop.
Frist bill was 6.5 hrs , after he talked to them it was down to 3.5 hrs and 1500$ ....
This is the some guy who paid 8 grand for a cam, a year later had to get a short block and a new cam cause they scewed up that bad .
Do your self a favor , which it looks like your doing and grab a wrench ...
Moral of the rant they are not any smarter then anybody esle and sure the hell not worth the cash ....

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , imalumberjack , Ronnie4447

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.