CM871 Tune
10-18-2018, (Subject: CM871 Tune ) 
RE: CM871 Tune
I don't mean to offend anyone but this smells like you have a very bad delete, your SOI is way off, bad crank angle hammering your bearings, Rawze use to have some stuff posted explaining this problem, send him a PM asking help before your engine blows.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
10-18-2018, (Subject: CM871 Tune ) 
(10-18-2018 )Hedley Wrote:  I don't mean to offend anyone but this smells like you have a very bad delete, your SOI is way off, bad crank angle hammering your bearings, Rawze use to have some stuff posted explaining this problem, send him a PM asking help before your engine blows.

Fact of the matter, it is likely to late. He seem's to be in denial, of his engine problem.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
10-19-2018, (Subject: CM871 Tune ) 
I'm with Hedley on this one, bad programming beating the hell out of the motor, first thing I thought was soi/timing and altitude. And operating at 1300 rpm is just beating the crap out of the motor, I hope they machined the block when they installed the liners and properly set the heights. I would also find the proper turbo, egr cooler and install, while sorting out the programming.

One other thing, my motor had a death rattle under my feet while accelerating. This was prior to my time at Rawze's house in framing the motor. That was a combination of programming and having the wrong internal parts in the motor. After fixing the motor the "death rattle" is gone. I wonder what they used parts wise to rebuild that motor? OEM or aftermarket?

You need to decide what you are going to do, you really need to get this truck to someone that can properly program. I think I read you are up north near the Canadian border, West of the Mississippi, maybe bobtail her up to Unilever, he is in Camrose, Alberta.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Well I got the truck back, it's got clean health bill. They went through everything checking U joints, transmission and rear fluid changed it out, said no contamination and it was brand new fluid, checked more stuff as well too. we went for test drives, they did not find any rattle or anything. They think its because its a different truck to me and that I am over thinking.

We did try something I don't usually try, we parked, put it in neutral, we brought the rpm up to 1500 and at around 1300 it started to shake not so bad at 1300 and kept shaking more as the rpm climbed to 1500. Something is off balance with the engine... I am thinking it is the crankshaft, I am not sure how long it was run with that bad program. ECM shows 998,000 miles, where the odometer shows around 650k miles. I am not sure if odometer was reset when the bad tune was put in or not...

All the injector and timing tables on my current program are stock.

It does not say in the inframe paperwork what parts were aftermarket or OEM, only shows what was replaced and cost. The inframe job totalled 28,000 dollars. The head is new not reman, all internals in the head were all replaced also like both cams, all rockers etc.

Crank dampener is brand new as well.

Do all ISX rev all way up to 1500 rpm in neutral run smoothly? Or is there some shake due to no load on the crankshaft?

I do not have the funds for new crankshaft to be put in. I have not gotten any income in over a month right now. I poured all my savings into buying and fixing this truck. Yeah I am screwed. I got a load to West Virginia tomorrow (Saturday) and I have to take it and hope it stays together for a while until i get enough to replace the crank and pray it does not do any more damage...

I do not want to cross to canada. I can try and find load to Atlanta from WV if not I'll keep trying to find load from MN to Atlanta and have Rawze or Haggins to look at it.
replyreply
they rev perfectly smooth no vibrations at all.

Just because you think that your tables are stock does not mean they are - there are lots of modifiers and other ways to increase or decrease timing that sneaky people have found out. The tables are just a beginning.

pull the file and flash it BONE STOCK CORRECT PROGRAM with insite. It will have some check engine lights, but rev it up and see if it still shakes. If it does your are chasing something physical and it can be fixed, if not its programming.

Crankshafts dont get off balance enough to shake - but dampers do.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Husky05 , Rawze , PuroCumminsPower
I'll do that today thanks
replyreply
I downloaded stock ecfg with insite and it's finished but stuck at closing ECM. Been 30 minutes now at this screen. Should I just click on the X and close it as it's successful for the cal transfer?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201810/post_585_1539974631_2a25c18a6e8207446836c7bc282e8095.jpg
replyreply
This morning before I hooked up my laptop, I Rev it again and it's better than yesterday. So I went ahead and got the bone stock cal in and still seems the same. Here is a video for you guys to see for yourself.

replyreply
Here is the current deleted cal I have.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.