Intermittent jake on brand new ISX15
09-28-2018, (Subject: Intermittent jake on brand new ISX15 ) 
Intermittent jake on brand new ISX15
We have a 2018 Pete with ISX 15 @565hp around 50,000 miles, jake started acting up about 2 months ago and it was taken to the stealership ...two weeks later and a replaced turbo it came back. Jake started acting up again :-(
Driver is a good mechanic also and he says its one of the stages and sometimes it shakes the whole truck and that its intermittent. Driver thinks its an electrical issue. Owner does not have Insite, I do but there is a hatred of Chinese knock offs at there shop and if I connected I would be liable for every issue in truck from then on.
Has anyone had this issue? Maybe an explanation of how the 3 stages work? I hate to see it leave to stealership as it doubles my work load ...HELP!!!!!!
replyreply
RE: Intermittent jake on brand new ISX15
(09-28-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  We have a 2018 Pete with ISX 15 @565hp around 50,000 miles, jake started acting up about 2 months ago and it was taken to the stealership ...two weeks later and a replaced turbo it came back. Jake started acting up again :-(
Driver is a good mechanic also and he says its one of the stages and sometimes it shakes the whole truck and that its intermittent. Driver thinks its an electrical issue. Owner does not have Insite, I do but there is a hatred of Chinese knock offs at there shop and if I connected I would be liable for every issue in truck from then on.
Has anyone had this issue? Maybe an explanation of how the 3 stages work? I hate to see it leave to stealership as it doubles my work load ...HELP!!!!!!

Simple.
Go get $10 worth of quarters, and put them in your misc toolbox drawer.
It's NOT your problem.
As soon as someone starts complaining about that truck, get a quarter and hand it to them and say "Here's a quarter, call someone who cares" and walk away.
If they have a hatred of all things Chinese knock off and won't separate cash from wallet to buy a genuine Inline w/Insite subscription, then ITS THEIR PROBLEM! Take it to the stealer$h!t, and they can separate their cash from their wallet that way instead.

It's called a boundary.
They won't allow you to cross theirs with your Inline/Insite, so you don't allow them to cross yours and make this your problem when they won't provide proper OEM diagnostic products and subscriptions to correctly complete repairs.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Chamberpains , Signature620 , Rounded_nut , imalumberjack
(09-28-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  We have a 2018 Pete with ISX 15 @565hp around 50,000 miles, jake started acting up about 2 months ago and it was taken to the stealership ...two weeks later and a replaced turbo it came back. Jake started acting up again :-(

It is a BS salesman's scare-tactic.

{section removed - bad information}

Continuing on ...

They would HAVE TO PROVE that your diag. tool ACTUALLY CAUSED SOME HARM to the ECM before they could legally deny a warranty claim even if you DID change the governed speed or performed some test on it with a non oem-certified tool. Someone is blowing smoke up some arsses there...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Vehi...Repair_Act
and...
https://repair.org/legislation/

===

And like others have said,... hand em a quarter if they are blind enough to run off to the place that is only the best at causing truck owners to loose revenue in lost freight and income while waiting for a poor-quality "free" repair they will have to go behind and fix themselves later if they want it even half right anyways on.

Things are not "free" if they send your income and profits into the toilet.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , imalumberjack , Hammerhead
insite records anything you change, any tests you run, and any calibrations you do for the last 8 instances. it records a tool ID and the things you did and the engine hours you did it at.

That being said they cannot deny you anything and will not deny you anything for using a non legit insite on it changing anything you can change in insite (barring the calibration). Hook up and diagnose away.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Signature620 , Rounded_nut , imalumberjack , Hammerhead
When mine had an intermittent loss of 1 stage it would shake like crazy.

Stage 1- cylinders 1,2,3 are activated via the front actuator. 4 5,6 and the turbo are behaving normally

Stage 2- cylinders 1,2,3,4,5,6 are activated via frint and rear actuator and the turbo remains open

Stage 3- all ctlinders are activated and the turbo ckoses to the % specified by the turbo closing tables.

When i lost stage 2 my issue was simply a female spade connector had stretched and was not naking good contact. Crinped it back down tight and my issue was solved
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , imalumberjack , schISM
Thank you all for your replies and I fully agree on the Insite, I would not use mine as its just not worth the hard feelings? ...if something went wrong later? The owner of company spares no expense in fixing equipment. The truck is under warranty and although the mechanics are exceptional they are a little lacking in the new computer era .....so am I but following this site has helped immensely!
Nilao special thanks as that is what I was looking for.
replyreply
(09-28-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  insite records anything you change, any tests you run, and any calibrations you do for the last 8 instances. it records a tool ID and the things you did and the engine hours you did it at.

That being said they cannot deny you anything and will not deny you anything for using a non legit insite on it changing anything you can change in insite (barring the calibration). Hook up and diagnose away.

Uni

Thanks for the update on this. I was under the assumption it did not record the session unless you had changed something in features or had re-flashed it. I removed a portion of the post above so that others will not be mis-informed. Thanks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.