Torque specs
10-10-2018, (Subject: Torque specs ) 
RE: Torque specs
Been looking at Cummins quickserve and found some stuff that helps me with the torque on motor part. I'm printing down Rawze schedule maintenance list.. Any suggestion where I can buy tools at online like a jack big enough to lift the truck or should I try in find some place local..just had to replace 4 battery and no place around me had them in stock so I had to jump start my truck in went to a truck stop in bought them..
replyreply
Where are you located in the world? That will help narrow down the list of good places to buy parts and tools that are local to you. Also Ebay, Amazon, Google searching, all kinds of place on the World Wide Web. You never have to be stuck going to a shop for anything these days.

I use and carry in the truck a 10 ton hydraulic hand pump bottle jack that I picked up at the local Harbor Freight store. At home I have 2 air over hydraulic bottle jacks bought from the same store. There's not a whole lot I can't pick up with them. Including when the trailer is loaded. I will also strongly recommend you buy good quality jackstands. I use 6 ton rated minimum. Use them and use them properly. The weights your dealing with will kill you or cut off what ever it pinches. As it was once said to me "the truck won't feel bad and get off you just cause your crying and dieing" Safety 1st always.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doublecoin
Go to Home Depot and buy some treated lumber, make ramps. Bottle jack, Harbor Freight, I have a few. Wheel chocks are dirt cheap on Amazon or use wood or whatever to shove under the tires.

Tools, I like using a variety of on line stores, Amazon, Walmart, ToolDiscounter.com, eBay, etc. Watch Amazon, they are not the least expensive, shop around. Figure out what you need and use the shopping section on Google search. Most times it will give you around 25 stores and the pricing with shipping.

I like the Gear Wrench stuff, much of it is buy one get one free. I sent a nice set of wrenches to Tyler at Mr Hags shop for working on my truck. If you bought those off the tool truck it would have been around $500+ for those two sets. Tool Discounter had both as a set, SAE and Metric for less than $200 delivered. Lifetime warranty too, many tool trucks sell them and so does Advanced Auto. Here are the wrenches I sent, I paid $180.00 + Shipping, around $10. http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDispla...p=KDT9416D (or amazon: https://amzn.to/2vzi8a3 )

Even Rawze commented on the wrenches and other tools I brought with me, he really liked them. They are not Snap-On or Matco, but for what most of us do with one truck they are fine. What I do is keep an eye out for sales of tools I need, then purchase. Rawze's videos are a gold mine for tools, I have been known to stop the video and zoom in on some of his stuff. ;-)

Oh, the long handled ratchets come in handy. I have a mix of 120 tooth and 80 tooth for the heavier stuff. Flex heads are nice too, but not for every job. And extensions, you will need extensions. I use the impact extensions, wobble head and straight head. The wobble head extension are great for tight spaces. Not so good with straight on work. Get a set of both. And stubby wrenches... You will need some stubby wrenches... Here is a nice little set, they come in metric and SAE, I have both sets. https://amzn.to/2Y3FLnp

And hammers, I use these all the time, the rubber one gets the most use, the ball peens are nice for those stubborn parts or just beating something back into place. Beautiful Hickory handles, Made in the USA. This set will cover quite a bit of stuff. https://amzn.to/2vxGd1d

And some Dead Blow hammers. A brass tip one comes in handy too.

And pry bars, get a big one, 3' and some smaller ones. And invest in some decent screw drivers and pliers. Long needle nose are a life saver. And a magnet, one of the retractible ones. I could go on... Just thinking of the stuff that I use that you can't just run up to Home Depot to purchase. Nothing more annoying then doing something and not having the right tool.

Hope this helps.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , lonestar16 , Doublecoin
some tax write-offs that anyone can appreciate in a small trucking business. -- decent set of tools!.

Investing in yourself and the proper tools to keep you going is where the real money is at.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , lonestar16 , Doublecoin
(10-10-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  some tax write-offs that anyone can appreciate in a small trucking business. -- decent set of tools!.

Investing in yourself and the proper tools to keep you going is where the real money is at.

If you have a business plan in place that you follow, Tools should be a line item in the plan.
I plan to spend $$ on tools every year.
Tools are in all reality the best investment we make.
Take Waterloo's $200 wrench set, if he uses it to complete 50 odd repairs over their lifetime, and each repair saves him a measly $50, that is a 12.5:1 return on investment!
The equivalent would be a M$1.25 return on a $100k truck.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , lonestar16 , Doublecoin
Live in a small town in Maryland about 65 miles from Baltimore in dc..but I'll look into getting some of the set yall have shown me I have some tools just trying to fin the best brand to go with..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.