Regen
10-04-2018, (Subject: Regen ) 
Regen
The past couple of days when I start my truck up n when I head out my truck regen right a way n I do not idle at night so I thought I would do a force regen tonight in see if that would help with the problem but as of right now my truck has been regaining close to and hr any clue what might be going on with it..
replyreply
10-05-2018, (Subject: Regen ) 
RE: Regen
Care to post the regen history screen? Would be nice to see if the filters staying under 3.0 inhg of pressure
replyreply
(10-05-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Care to post the regen history screen? Would be nice to see if the filters staying under 3.0 inhg of pressure

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Keep messing with that thing, cleaning things up, replacing old sensors, needed PM's, etc. and you may just start turning that severely neglected engine around into something useful. - It is good to see you have made a lot of progress on it.

One thing you might want to do at some point is pull off the DOC and DPF and take some decent pictures of their faces, post em here for evaluation. Maybe send them off to have them baked and flow tested too. Usually only costs a few hundred bucks to have done.

Have you done a couple three oil changes at short intervals (3,000 - 5,000 miles intervals) to help flush the soot and carbon buildup out of the engine?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
The DOC and DPF are going to be puledl out this winter in get clean ..RAWZE I have not done any short intervals oil change as of yet was trying to get all the pipes in stuff cleaned up first or would it be better to do the short intervals now so it can help out .
replyreply
(10-05-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  The DOC and DPF are going to be puledl out this winter in get clean ..RAWZE I have not done any short intervals oil change as of yet was trying to get all the pipes in stuff cleaned up first or would it be better to do the short intervals now so it can help out .

About 3 oil changes at 3,000 miles intervals would be great for flushing out the old soot and carbon in the engine if it is back running half decent.

Has the overhead valves been adjusted and cams inspected?

There is always a ton of stuff to do to a used truck once it has been purchased. Most of it should be done before ever putting it onto the roads. have you printed out and started going through the maintenance schedule for it?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid26680

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Have not ran the over head yet trying to get someone close to home to help me with it so I'm not going into blind but it seam like I'm going to have to do it by my self n hope I do it right ,I'll change the oil a couple time at the 3000 mark to flush out the motor some ..I have printed out the check list and I'm trying to do some of that as I go just still trying to learn how to really do it the right was I'm a slow learner but we will get it one way or another
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.