ISX 435 OIL PSI LOSS
10-09-2018, (Subject: ISX 435 OIL PSI LOSS ) 
RE: ISX 435 OIL PSI LOSS
(10-09-2018 )Joelbe Wrote:  Rawze.. No advertisement! Just tried this to find out what would work best! I sent sample to Donaldson with no response! They either lost or don't care about the little guy! My mechanic and I are thinking high soot level! Where is the most common place for this mixture to happen?

Uh, obvious.
Soot is the residual byproduct formed from burning hydrocarbons.
Excessive soot is caused by mixing EGR gasses with fresh air to lower the fraction of oxygen (fO2) in the combustion chamber charge gas mix, which lowers combustion temperature, thereby reducing NOx gas production.
The excessive soot bypasses the cylinder rings during compression stroke due to the ever increasing static compression ratios as the ISX has developed. 871 is higher than the 870. The 2250 is higher than the 871. The 2350 is higher than the 2250, etc.

It's a simple formula, burning diesel creates soot.
The higher the combustion temperature, and the more volitile the combustion is, the more BTU's that are released resulting in more thermal expansion. This means more power, and more efficient use of a volume of fuel. The more optimal you make the fuel to air ratio, the less soot you produce.
However, the higher the combustion temperature, the higher the quantity of NOx gases produced, and Cali has declared NOx to be a carcinogen, so to save the world we have to eliminate NOx production.
The easiest way to reduce NOx gas production is to reduce combustion temperature. Since an internal combustion engine is nothing more than a self propelled air pump that produces a byproduct of inert gas (exhaust gas is oxygen depleted), they decided to introduce a certain volume of this inert gas to reduce the fO2 and reduce the NOx gas!
Wonderful! We've solved the NOx gas problem...
Oh sh!t!
Now that we've reduced the combustion temperature and have gone away from optimal f/a ratios, we've inadvertently increased soot production. What do we do with that? I know! Let's put it into the oil, that solves everything!

Oh the irony...

btw; if your mechanic doesn't understand this, he's not a mechanic, he's a parts replacer!
This isn't even combustion theory 101, this is combustion theory 1

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , schISM , Waterloo , rrod

Messages In This Thread
ISX 435 OIL PSI LOSS - Joelbe - 10-09-2018,
RE: ISX 435 OIL PSI LOSS - Hammerhead - 10-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.