Cm871 cylinder 4 smoking really bad
10-14-2018, (Subject: Cm871 cylinder 4 smoking really bad ) 
Cm871 cylinder 4 smoking really bad
Hello all, my truck started to smoke like a chimney, idle is little more rougher now, did cylinder cut out test in insite and with number 4 off it doesn't change the idle but stopped the smoking.

Does that mean injector number 4 is bad?
replyreply
RE: Cm871 cylinder 4 smoking really bad
Most likely you have a hole in that piston...take off the oil fill cap and check blowby. Im betting it smokes heavily from there too.
replyreply
No smoke coming out of blowby tube and oil fill cap.

Engine has about little over 40k miles on inframe with new head which includes all internals in the head including all 6 injectors.
replyreply
(10-14-2018 )Husky05 Wrote:  Hello all, my truck started to smoke like a chimney, idle is little more rougher now, did cylinder cut out test in insite and with number 4 off it doesn't change the idle but stopped the smoking.

Does that mean injector number 4 is bad?

Your engine was slated for premature failure by the abusive programming it had in it ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid30900

The problem(s) you are now having may very well be damage that bad programming may have already done to it. Hopefully it is only an injector or something simple.

Move the injector to another cylinder, boroscope the cylinder(s) + check the valves and valve seats while you are at it.

some related info: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid18718

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.