IFSM Leaking
11-05-2018, (Subject: IFSM Leaking ) 
RE: IFSM Leaking
(11-05-2018 )berrytrucking94 Wrote:  Replaced leaking actuator, made a small difference in the rough idle.

Did injector leak test exactly how it’s done on video, no bubbles at all. Checked and double checked

The truck still sputters mostly around 1400-1600rpm unless it’s fully up to temp. Colder the truck the worse it is. I always let it idle at least 20mins before pulling it on the road now, +/-150° oil and coolant temps and it will still sputter until around 220-230 oil temps.

I want to change the actuator plugs that tie into the wiring harness but can’t find the right part numbers on quickserve. Asked a local parts shop and they said I’d have to buy the whole damn wiring harness which is not cheap. Anybody know where I can look for these actuator plugs??
Please print it for Cummins

"3162899 ISM/ISX Wiring Harness Repair Kit"

.pdf  3886212(2).pdf (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 368)
316252, 316253. Verify the fool protection plug is right. If not you can replace it with one of A, B, or C which is need to.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , berrytrucking94 , Pd6cas2
11-05-2018, (Subject: IFSM Leaking ) 
If it keeps loosing actuators due to leaking need to check fuel pressure you may need to replace pressure regulators..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , berrytrucking94
01-24-2019, (Subject: IFSM Leaking ) 
currently around 508k miles now, the sputtering/skipping is so bad it can barely make it down the road. cold weather makes it worse. it won't run decent until the fuel is mostly up to temperature, usually ~hour into operating. truck is parked until i can figure this out.

ecm rail pressure reads normal, there was a low fuel pressure code in there though (0482)

gear pump still forms some fuel residue around it

any recommendations on checking air in fuel lines w/ a tube or sight glass? never done that procedure before

could bad check and relief valves cause sputtering?

any help is appreciated! no shop knows these motors around here and frankly i do not trust them
replyreply
01-25-2019, (Subject: IFSM Leaking ) 
sight glass on the suction and return will tell you a lot. Take apart the metering and feeling actuators and measure them. check the fuel pressure reliefs and check the air bleed orifice, If you have bubbles on the return run a bubble test on the injectors. Somewhere in there you will find your problem.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.