Isx 2350 , metal shavings in the fuel filter
04-26-2016, (Subject: Isx 2350 , metal shavings in the fuel filter ) 
Isx 2350 , metal shavings in the fuel filter
Ok guys,seems that there is lots of good info in this site
Got isx 2014 and this is the second oil change that I've done that show bits of shavings in the f filter when I dumped the fuel in a clean container, I could lift those bits with a magnet

This truck has the water separator((cristalcover)) don't remember the name but not the paccar standard and it has the fuel cooler that seems to me that cools the returned fuel before going back to the tanks....

So, question what is going down...pls note that I didn't see any shavings in the water separator filter , that I changed and cleaned the dirty fuel out at the same time with the engine's filter

Tnx
replyreply
04-27-2016, (Subject: Isx 2350 , metal shavings in the fuel filter ) 
RE: Isx 2350 , metal shavings in the fuel filter
cut open a oil filter too. It could be the fuel pump going bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-06-2016, (Subject: Isx 2350 , metal shavings in the fuel filter ) 
RE: Isx 2350 , metal shavings in the fuel filter
I quit worrying for now about it cause it may come from the filters tread itself
I"ve seen the same small shavings like yesterday when I tried to replace the oil filter and this is the second fleet guard lube filter that I could not install at all, basically I throw it
I"ve spent more than 30 min trying to install it ,to no avail...after wiping the tread on the filter I"ve seen the same shavings size that looked the same to the ones I so when I dumped the fuel filter
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.