Overhaul kit & New OEM Head
10-21-2018, (Subject: Overhaul kit & New OEM Head ) 
RE: Overhaul kit & New OEM Head
(10-20-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 )Shotgun74 Wrote:  I know you're correct Rawze. I'm just trying to honor my word & wait for the local guy to give me his quote. I think it'll most likely be in Georgia soon.

Thank you for your reply & this forum. It's really been helpful to me & countless others. I'm always directing guys to it, including my local shop.

Get it to Mr Hagg's place, don't be a victim like I was, you have $60,000 to $80,000 cash just laying around to do two of these jobs? There is more to reassembling these motors than most shops know. Mr Hagg has this down to a science, the mess that my local authorized Cummins shop did was beyond scandalous. Mr Hagg saw it, and so did Rawze. It was Mr Hagg that figured out the first shop installed the wrong in frame kit, just by looking at the part numbers. He knows his stuff, and he knows how to properly assemble one of these motors so that bad things do not happen a year or two down the road. Like not using Loc-Tite 609 on the camshaft ends where the gears attach. And he will not install a bad gear like my shop did, or dry start the motor.

As far as new heads, they are plentiful, most reman heads from Cummins are new with a reman label on the box. The reason why is that they are disposable, not to be reused under any circumstance. At least I would not, especially for the cost difference.

Don't be a victim!

Rant off. ;-)

just curiously, how much do MrHagg charge for labor on an inframe of an isx15 cm2350 2012 enginee nowaday?

thanks you,
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Overhaul kit & New OEM Head - Vanhvacr - 10-21-2018
RE: Overhaul kit & New OEM Head - 5022 - 10-21-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.