isx15 cm2250,enginee 2012, enginee lock up
10-20-2018, (Subject: isx15 cm2250,enginee 2012, enginee lock up ) 
isx15 cm2250,enginee 2012, enginee lock up
Hi Al.,.
I have a 2013 freightliner cascadia with isx15 enginee cm2250 is at 689k. At first it showed low oil pressure at around 3k miles oil changed, then check enginee light on, engine protector on, derated, and then shut off engine. I had to restart the truck. It repeated itself one in a while for atleast three time for 900 miles. I got oil pump changed, and she is up to 36psi, kinna ok but not perfect as 42psi, at 1317rpm at 74mph.

After a few trips, she started getting weak with up hill, 3%, and oil leak from turbo. I gave her a new turbo to boost her up. Now the oil pressure is coming back to hunt me. Low oil pressure on, 16 psi and lower at normal freeway speed, check enginee light on, enginee off in the middle of the road on I20 back to Atl. I got lucky, and we drive safety to the side of the road.

No more juice left, not crank, nothing, nihil.. engine lock up. Cost $1970 from Tuscaloosa, Ala to Atl one way trip without her pony.

Turbo and air to air charge have oils, exhaust manifold white soot, coolant normal, oil normal, crankshaft not spind with a 3/4 ratchet extra long.

Any advise will be helpful,

Thanks you,
please pardon my broken language.
replyreply
10-21-2018, (Subject: isx15 cm2250,enginee 2012, enginee lock up ) 
RE: isx15 cm2250,enginee 2012, enginee lock up
Ok, first things first,
1317 RPM @ 74mph is just plain abuse.

So if you were having chest pains, would you load up on cholesterol and head back out on the road? Damn, I hope not.
Since oil is the life blood of your engine, why the hell would you keep trucking an additional 900 miles without properly diagnosing what's going on? Thats the very definition of abuse.

Hate to say it, but if you can't bar the motor over, then you probably siezed it...

(10-20-2018 )Vanhvacr Wrote:  Turbo and air to air charge have oils, exhaust manifold white soot, coolant normal, oil normal, crankshaft not spind with a 3/4 ratchet extra long.

Turbo and CAC full of oil indicate turbo failure, or severe cylinder ring/liner failure pumping oil through the exhaust Chambers.
Exhaust manifold coated in white spot indicates coolant intrusion into combustion process. The combustion process hyper boils off the water instantaneously and the coolant additives, essentially crystals similar to sugar supersaturate the steam turning it white as it crystalized to the cooler steel than the combustion gasses.
Crankshaft not turning while attempting to bar the motor is one of two things; 1) hydraulic lock up from coolant in the cylinder not compressing during compression stroke. 2) siezed rod and/or main bearings.

Priorities; No single load is worth destroying your engine, Period.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vanhvacr , Rawze , simon999 , zyNoT
(10-21-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Ok, first things first,
1317 RPM @ 74mph is just plain abuse.

So if you were having chest pains, would you load up on cholesterol and head back out on the road? Damn, I hope not.
Since oil is the life blood of your engine, why the hell would you keep trucking an additional 900 miles without properly diagnosing what's going on? Thats the very definition of abuse.

Hate to say it, but if you can't bar the motor over, then you probably siezed it...

(10-20-2018 )Vanhvacr Wrote:  Turbo and air to air charge have oils, exhaust manifold white soot, coolant normal, oil normal, crankshaft not spind with a 3/4 ratchet extra long.

Turbo and CAC full of oil indicate turbo failure, or severe cylinder ring/liner failure pumping oil through the exhaust Chambers.
Exhaust manifold coated in white spot indicates coolant intrusion into combustion process. The combustion process hyper boils off the water instantaneously and the coolant additives, essentially crystals similar to sugar supersaturate the steam turning it white as it crystalized to the cooler steel than the combustion gasses.
Crankshaft not turning while attempting to bar the motor is one of two things; 1) hydraulic lock up from coolant in the cylinder not compressing during compression stroke. 2) siezed rod and/or main bearings.

Priorities; No single load is worth destroying your engine, Period.

Thanks You Hammerhead.
Now i know why they burn too much fuel, 3200miles at $3.18per gallon burn $2500.

Can you give me some advise?

thanks you,
replyreply
Is the enginee still rebuild able or junk? Should I bring it to MrHagg?
replyreply
(10-21-2018 )Vanhvacr Wrote:  Thanks You Hammerhead.
Now i know why they burn too much fuel, 3200miles at $3.18per gallon burn $2500.

Can you give me some advise?

thanks you,

Yes, SLOW DOWN!
74mph cruising speed in a Class 8 vehicle is ridiculous.
Get your RPM up higher, 1500 is far more optimal. 13ish is ok if you're empty/bobtail while keeping your boost pressure at 10psi max. Any amount of torque load at that low of an RPM creates far too much piston skirts side load along the cylinder walls, increasing friction, which increases internal engine resistance which is inefficient. The extended "time" duration due to low operating RPM also allows the oil more opportunity to be displaced from the dragging components, thereby further increasing wear.

Read.
Read.
And then, read some more.
It's preached constantly on here, that excessive speed, low operating RPM (which combined increase engine torque loads), are next to shoot the largest contributing factor to premature engine failure.
Learning the correct way to operate the equipment you're operating is essential to increase your business margins.

The other suggestion is; if you're in Atlanta, then take your truck to Mr Haggs to ensure correct diagnostic procedures will be used to KNOW what is wrong, and why it went wrong so you don't repeat this mistake.

Good luck, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vanhvacr , Waterloo , Rawze , zyNoT
(10-21-2018 )Vanhvacr Wrote:  1)Is the enginee still rebuild able or junk?
2)Should I bring it to MrHagg?

1) Can't answer that.
And anyone who tells you they can, don't know their ass from a hole in the ground if they haven't yet opened it up.
A critical part to a proper engine tear down is component inspection and measurements to ensure they are WITHIN parameters of re-use or not.

2) Yes, if that wasn't clear enough, HELL YES

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Much appreciate Hammerhead. I was a member to Rawze from last year, but I just start surf thru these pages within a week lately. one week but I was learning a lot. I am getting addicted to this website. once again much thanks to you, Hammerhead, for the advise. I am looking forward for more advise from you in the future. you or you know anybody do tune on isx15 cm2250?
best regard!
replyreply
Yes, the aforementioned Mr Hagg

replyreply
(10-21-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(10-21-2018 )Vanhvacr Wrote:  1)Is the enginee still rebuild able or junk?
2)Should I bring it to MrHagg?

1) Can't answer that.
And anyone who tells you they can, don't know their ass from a hole in the ground if they haven't yet opened it up.
A critical part to a proper engine tear down is component inspection and measurements to ensure they are WITHIN parameters of re-use or not.

2) Yes, if that wasn't clear enough, HELL YES

2/ i hear you loud and clear.

1/ i am just have to cross my fingure on that. engine lock up- mostly likely is a junk. i hope not.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.