Tapping/knocking sound
10-21-2018, (Subject: Tapping/knocking sound ) 
RE: Tapping/knocking sound
If the guys I'm least I'm with keep up with the 3500 to 4500 after expenses weeks I might just have to start replacing components so I know what shape everything is in
replyreply
Is this after u demandated it?
replyreply
No it was there before
replyreply
10-25-2018, (Subject: Tapping/knocking sound ) 
(10-21-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(10-21-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  I do not know on the dampener I'll have to have that checked out thank you very much

Per Cummins, the damper should be replaced every 500,000 miles... I replaced mine at 700,000 miles and it made a world of difference. Just saying.

What might that equate to hours , does anyone know ?
replyreply
10-26-2018, (Subject: Tapping/knocking sound ) 
(10-25-2018 )akwman Wrote:  What might that equate to hours , does anyone know ?

10,000 - 15,000 hours?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-26-2018, (Subject: Tapping/knocking sound ) 
my truck has right at 28,000 hrs with 1,031,000 also has an APU,

Update on this issue.

now that truck is demandated...i can hear a miss or burp in the exhaust note when idling and accelerating before the turbo fully spools. need to see if my mechanic has the cummins injector leak test tool or if i can find someone on here to 3d print one for me.....

truck runs on single cylinder test so this is the last test i can think of to try. when previous owners overhauled it they only put in 1 new injector now i need to get ahold of Intl and find out which one.

called cummins 6300 after core returns for 4 actuators and 6 injectors...damn highway robbery... so ied wrather see if i can find the problem with the tool.
replyreply
10-29-2018, (Subject: Tapping/knocking sound ) 
well just replaced my davco filter for first time since i bought the truck as it was 3/4-7/8 the way up on filter and filter was black since i biocided the tanks.....

waiting or guy to get to waly world to load me with carboard.

i think international needs to send their techs back to school.......
truck was annual inspected/serviced by them when i bought the truck.

brought truck home after purchase 3 lights out ...fixed
trailer air supply line plastic line blown/pulled out of push to connect fitting....fixed
can on driver side front brakes pancake blown....fixed
passenger side rear airbag leaking...fixed
now that i just did filter...pulled top cap out of bowl....2 o-rings where there should be one..

for the love of god the indescribable incompetence.
replyreply
10-30-2018, (Subject: Tapping/knocking sound ) 
(10-29-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  well just replaced my davco filter for first time ...

I hope you put a 10-micron filter in it instead of the 50-micron that most idiot oil change places use.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.