Bad EGR cooler?
10-31-2018, (Subject: Bad EGR cooler? ) 
RE: Bad EGR cooler?
so here's the update I did pull off the EGR cooler and clean it very well but not much carbon came off, I also verified that its the cummins original cooler so not an aftermarket part issue. The egr cooler was also pressure tested and no leaks. I also changed the ebp sensor while at it, So all egr sensors are new and the egr has been cleaned out.

But the truck is still sluggish and seems like its derated and there is black smoke on hard pulls or hills. So what could it be should I check the injectors next? overhead? bad egr temp sensor?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
replyreply
Does anyone know how to temporarily de-mandate the EGR system in a cummins ism 06 engine. I want to ensure that the problem still lies with the EGR at this point because throwing money money at it, So I want to disable it and see if it fixes my problem.

I have heard that turning the key on the ON position for 15 seconds and disconnecting the egr valve wire will de-mandate the egr on this truck by causing the valve to be stuck in closed position. Is this true? or is there some other technique.
replyreply
How do you know your exhaust /muffler is not blocked up? - Seen that plenty of times.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-01-2018, (Subject: Bad EGR cooler? ) 
Do you own a laptop with Cummins Insite? Hook it up and monitor the parameters that show derates while operating the truck. That will expose whether its actually derating. Also check all sensors and make sure they are operating within spec. Just because a sensor is new does not mean the circuit is reading correctly. Could be a bad wire, connector or wiring that is creating more resistance than the 5 volt signals can accurately report on.

If you don't have Insite, why not? All the $$ and time you've spent on this problem or possible problem (because its possible nothing is wrong and its all in a misguided "feeling" something is wrong) would've paid for itself and a whole lot more.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.