company driver going to destroy truck
10-28-2018, (Subject: company driver going to destroy truck ) 
RE: company driver going to destroy truck
Just a thought ..... turning down the horsepower a little? ok ...turning it down a bunch? maybe you will be back in the truck? as its an insult. Half of being an employer is learning how to cajole your employees into putting in a days work for a days pay and doing it in a safe and productive way. Right now drivers are few and far between if he is good and not abusive to the truck close your eyes to the fuel loss. Just my two cents.
replyreply
Here is what a billionaire told me once...

The sole purpose of having an employee is for them to make you a consistent measurable profit above what you have to pay out towards them. If they cannot understand that then they are not an employee, but instead a problem that only drags you down with them. Their goal should be to make their own paycheck, then make you something on top of that for your efforts in hiring and dealing with them.

Show them what it takes to achieve your goals, give them the tools for achieving it, then send them off to process it in the way they were shown. If they do not, then replace them as easily as you would replace a problematic light bulb using no ill will, or remorse. - They, not you, make their own life's choices. If they choose to meet your goals, that is great and everyone gets something for it, but if they choose not to meet your goals, then that is not your choice but theirs. That choice is also their choice towards their own hardships of the future, not yours for replacing them.

Does your employee want to shine bright, becoming proud of their efforts, and get rewarded for all the extra brightness? - Or do they choose to be the bulb that gets replaced at first opportunity?.

The only way to get an employee to shine bright is to reward their extra effort accordingly + give them the tools, knowledge, reasonable time-frame, incentive, and praise to do so.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rounded_nut , Hammerhead , Pd6cas2
Well said. If your driver does not care about your business succeeding it is him that needs to be retuned. What changed that caused him to become negligent?

I had a driver like this and I had to let him go. A good driver will treat the truck like his own. It’s unfortunate that good drivers are so hard to find.
replyreply
(10-28-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Open insite and set a speed limiter since ur driver doesnt have one. What torque is it set at?

Truck is speed limited at 70 at cruise and pedal. The problem is if he sets the cruise at 70 and then goes to pull a hill the truck will be running WOT until he decides to downshift.
replyreply
With Insite you can still set pedal & cruise max speeds, You can also turn on progressive shifting and also set powertrain protection to limit torque for given gears while accelerating. There are many ways to "nanny" a bad attitude without turning the HP/TQ down. I found with some that even after de-rating the truck it still got abused to its set limits. One saw the light and drove better and the other didn't last a week...

With that said Rawze or another knowledgeable programmer would have to chime in to say if it will still de-fuel the truck like you're looking to do as I've only done this on stock cal trucks. I am down to one truck and I'm the only ass in that seat.
replyreply
One funny story about the company driver I was witness few days ago.
PJ truck stop in Lincoln, AL. Mesa Valley ProStar truck coming in directly to the parking and stall right at entrance.
Driver jumped out, walked around the truck, opened hood and get back in the cab on the phone. After about 45minutes I get to go inside facility and decide to take a look if i can help. Nope. The truck is with MaxxForce engine, nothing i can help with. After another 2 hours emergency road side assistance pickup shows to help him. My curiosity get me up and go to see what is wrong with MaxxForce. I was shocked. The pickup was fueling this moron. The fuel pumps are 20 feet away.
Truck stall because it was dry on fuel.
After fueling (don't know how many gallons ) driver just turn around and went back to interstate.
How need to be stupid or lazy or both to seat more then two hours instead of find the can to fuel few gallons and pull to the fuel island. Hell, how much money his company lost because of this.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(10-28-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  One funny story about the company driver I was witness few days ago.
PJ truck stop in Lincoln, AL. Mesa Valley ProStar truck coming in directly to the parking and stall right at entrance.
Driver jumped out, walked around the truck, opened hood and get back in the cab on the phone. After about 45minutes I get to go inside facility and decide to take a look if i can help. Nope. The truck is with MaxxForce engine, nothing i can help with. After another 2 hours emergency road side assistance pickup shows to help him. My curiosity get me up and go to see what is wrong with MaxxForce. I was shocked. The pickup was fueling this moron. The fuel pumps are 20 feet away.
After fueling (don't know how many gallons ) driver just turn around and went back to interstate.
How need to be stupid or lazy or both to seat more then two hours instead of find the can to fuel few gallons and pull to the fuel island. Hell, how much money his company lost because of this.

I actually have met owner-operators that dumb too. Not kidding.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(10-28-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  One funny story about the company driver I was witness few days ago.
About 5 bucks a gallon plus road call and mileage on svc truck.
replyreply
Some of these companies are running trucks to their limits on fuel with a mileage set
Fueling system that tells them to get fuel here and here and here while not taking into account how much fuel the truck actually has on board they try to run the lightest that they can instead of keeping tanks full of fuel just like at Crete my Cascadia only had a 75 and an 80 gallon fuel tanks and I almost never ran with them. Full or sometimes even close to half fullwith their fuel solutions that they gave me. One thing from coming from being a company driver if you're not going to incentivize the driver to make you more money the drivers only going to do everything they can to make themselves more money while not caring about you
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , imalumberjack

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.