Your favorite Business Software?
10-30-2018, (Subject: Your favorite Business Software? ) 
Your favorite Business Software?
Hi guys, I've been keeping all my reciepts for everything I've spent since I started. I was looking up some accounting Software today and as usual, they all claim to be the best trucking software available. I only have 1 truck but I'm planning to grab more trucks soon. What accounting/trucking business software is working for you? I appreciate any advice!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
RE: Your favorite Business Software?
here is what we do...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...99#pid1699

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
What Rawze said! That being said, I use a bookkeeper, and do so for a few reasons; she's cheap, she scans all the receipts (I give her a stuffed envelope whenever it fills up) and puts all the invoices together, settlements, etc etc.. End of the tax year she puts it all together for my tax lady in whatever format she wants it in so that she can work quickly, because tax lady costs me more per hour. My ta lady is a cpa and even better, a tax lawyer, for me that means she knows what we can get away with, and if the IRS comes knocking she can defend what she did.

I know I could save a few bucks doing it myself, but I spend enough time working on everything else that it's one thing I'm happy to pay someone else for.

You didn't specifically ask, but for tracking load revenue and maintenance etc I used to use a spreadsheet, which worked well despite all the rows and columns, now since my operation has changed and I'm looking to be able to extract the various metrics in a different way I'm using Truckn Pro, took some time getting things set up but overall I'm happy with it, local storage that I can backup, customizable reports and it breaks down the per mile costs and revenue, etc..
replyreply
10-31-2018, (Subject: Your favorite Business Software? ) 
For accounting software I use GNUCash free open source. Works on Windows, Mac or Linux.
replyreply
I had some software that I ran for a bit, but the stand alone non-internet PC it ran on continually crashed and created more problems than it was worth.

So, I'm with Rawze on this one, paper and pencil. Drivers kept track of their own IFTA miles on a sheet of paper I gave them. Filing quarterlies was a breeze in regards to IFTA. I had my accounting firm handle the payroll, they transferred the money and taxes out of our bank account and paid the drivers via direct deposit. Back then it was around $5 a driver per week for that service. At the end of the year taxes were a breeze, as well as quarterlies.

My wife did make up a spreadsheet to keep track of the loads and payments. That was the extent of our computer use, just to unpredictable, everything was backed up with paper.
replyreply
I use trucker Pro by fog line scanning all my receipts to my computer and keep my receipts in a box so far it works good for me with one truck
replyreply
03-11-2019, (Subject: Your favorite Business Software? ) 
(10-31-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  I use trucker Pro by fog line scanning all my receipts to my computer and keep my receipts in a box so far it works good for me with one truck

Know the thread is a little aged, but thought I'd inquire rather than start a new one. LoneStar, are you still using the TP software?

Anyone have any experience with Trucking Office? Seems fair priced for what is offered.

I'm a single daycab truck O/O with a dedicated run. Would really like one platform that will do everything I need. IFTA, create invoices, up to date cpm, etc.
replyreply
03-12-2019, (Subject: Your favorite Business Software? ) 
If you go Fogline I would say get the bigger package with digital or taking pictures.

I tried it but canceled, it wasn't working for me. But the guy Ray refunded me.

I don't have any software really now myself, some quickbooks, but I lately been scanning all my receipts into my computer with a scanner. The DS 620 is what I am using.

I am just keeping every reciept. Writing it on a note pad if I buy online or immediately download the receipt onto my computer and put it in it's proper category so I don't forget.
Then keeping an eye on you account to make sure everything is the same.

I made several folders like tools and equiptment

maint and repairs

travel expenses

office expenses

settlements

fuel receipts

just a lil of what i'm trying, though I am still a newbie.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
03-12-2019, (Subject: Your favorite Business Software? ) 
- FBK, thats similar to what I currently do as well...I'm certainly a newb too so it's all good. Probably one of the greenest here, lol. No stranger to business, but certainly green on trucking. I had looked at the FogLine program and although well thought out, it seemed to be much more hassle than what I needed. Simplicity and functionality is key. My only consideration for an online program (like the one mentioned) was to have nearly up to the minute CPM when you need it. I like numbers. They will tell the honest story of your business health if inputted properly by the user.

- For the couple hundred a year, I may give one a try just to see. TruckingOffice has a 30day trial as well and can cancel whenever which I really like. Too many of these main stream, high$$ guys want to hang you out for months or a year's subscription when you may be done after the first couple weeks or so. Doesn't take very long to figure out what will work. My impression so far is it can be as simple as you need it to be, but I'll see soon and report back if I choose that route. Otherwise, the 5 drawer lateral file cabinet has never let me down!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatbed94kid

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.