plagued with dpf issues
04-27-2016, (Subject: plagued with dpf issues ) 
plagued with dpf issues
This poor guy has been eaten alive with dpf issues so I got him in the shop this week and this is what I found.
He had a bad injector to start with and his overhead hadn't been touched for over 350,000 miles.His cams were like new.
You can see in the first pic, broken manifold bolt on number 1. Also, look at #3 and 4, it was leaking pretty bad there too. And the bolts were loose on 5 and 6 so i think it was leaking back there a bit too.Manifold was severely warped and pitted so I had that re surfaced.
The pic of the green wire is the turbo speed sensor that was rubbing on the back side of the turbo itself.
He was getting turbo speed codes and actuator codes as well. His turbo is new so I thought that little green wire was the culprit but I re calibrated it anyways since we had it off the truck.
He just had all the brakes replaced but they forgot to mention he had 3 bad wheel seals and 2 bad drums.
We sent the new filters he just payed over 5 grand for to be cleaned due to face plug codes
I also took oil samples befor changing it and the crankcase filter as well.
We did a full egr tune up on it to. The guy limped it to me from Arizona and we had it for 4 days because of parts backorder. It came in at 4 miles per gallon and is now getting 7.
His total bill was $3100.00
Makes me feel pretty good to help someone who really needed it.
Thought I would share.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201604/post_132_1461794607_7144d698ee8637338118c2e5c22a844b.jpg./uploads/201604/post_132_1461794577_a621524d4cff38be8e2fa7b8091a6b6a.jpg./uploads/201604/post_132_1461794543_4684d3e3031b33381a22920f09391e8c.jpg
replyreply
RE: plagued with dpf issues
What a mess... Makes a guy want to scream! Spend all that money for nothing, and then have to limp it how many miles to get it repaired correctly? I wish I was younger knowing what I know now, as I would be damn tempted to open a shop. Speaking of shops, where is yours located?
replyreply
Pics of manifold after resurfacing

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201604/post_132_1461796604_e7905dc8d84f18608aa9e43cfdc582b2.jpg./uploads/201604/post_132_1461796583_9826cc60b62dd23f45fea4526d7a8942.jpg
replyreply
(04-27-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  What a mess... Makes a guy want to scream! Spend all that money for nothing, and then have to limp it how many miles to get it repaired correctly? I wish I was younger knowing what I know now, as I would be damn tempted to open a shop. Speaking of shops, where is yours located?
I have a small shop that I use in spokane but I don't own it.
The guy is retired and let's me use it whenever I need it but it's been pretty busy around here these days lol.
Seems like I work on trucks more than I drive anymore.
replyreply
04-28-2016, (Subject: plagued with dpf issues ) 
(04-27-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  
(04-27-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  What a mess... Makes a guy want to scream! Spend all that money for nothing, and then have to limp it how many miles to get it repaired correctly? I wish I was younger knowing what I know now, as I would be damn tempted to open a shop. Speaking of shops, where is yours located?
I have a small shop that I use in spokane but I don't own it.
The guy is retired and let's me use it whenever I need it but it's been pretty busy around here these days lol.
Seems like I work on trucks more than I drive anymore.

Pretty busy eh? LOL! I bet! Well good for you, and if you keep these deeds up, you may just be buying a shop!
replyreply
08-14-2016, (Subject: plagued with dpf issues ) 
(04-27-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  This poor guy has been eaten alive with dpf issues so I got him in the shop this week and this is what I found.
He had a bad injector to start with and his overhead hadn't been touched for over 350,000 miles.His cams were like new.
You can see in the first pic, broken manifold bolt on number 1. Also, look at #3 and 4, it was leaking pretty bad there too. And the bolts were loose on 5 and 6 so i think it was leaking back there a bit too.Manifold was severely warped and pitted so I had that re surfaced.
The pic of the green wire is the turbo speed sensor that was rubbing on the back side of the turbo itself.
He was getting turbo speed codes and actuator codes as well. His turbo is new so I thought that little green wire was the culprit but I re calibrated it anyways since we had it off the truck.
He just had all the brakes replaced but they forgot to mention he had 3 bad wheel seals and 2 bad drums.
We sent the new filters he just payed over 5 grand for to be cleaned due to face plug codes
We did a full egr tune up on it to. The guy limped it to me from Arizona and we had it for 4 days because of parts backorder. It came in at 4 miles per gallon and is now getting 7.
Thought I would share.
I love a story with a happy ending. Great job!!!!!:smile:
replyreply
08-14-2016, (Subject: plagued with dpf issues ) 
(04-27-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  This poor guy has been eaten alive with dpf issues so I got him in the shop this week and this is what I found.
Thought I would share.
Great job double over, anybody that goes out of their way to help someone to that extent is someone that in my book is welcome anyday, anytime to use my shop...if you're ever in need of assistance in my area, drop me a line and you've got free reign dude!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
08-15-2016, (Subject: plagued with dpf issues ) 
Thanks for all the coments guys I really appreciate it.
I'm in Spokane and if anyone needs help the shop is open and busy as hell. Lol.
We only drink beer after 3:30.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.