AIR COMPRESSOR ISX 871
11-02-2018, (Subject: AIR COMPRESSOR ISX 871 ) 
AIR COMPRESSOR ISX 871
My air compressor goes on every 3mins. I dont lose any air, gauges shows full. Any idea what the problem is? Put new governor no effect
replyreply
RE: AIR COMPRESSOR ISX 871
Is it definitely the compressor pumping or could it be a knock from elsewhere or even just a noisey/worn compressor rotating without load on it? Does your air dryer leak? Spray soapy water & have a feel around the air dryer, air compressor head, governor & all their hoses while the engine is running - You can have severe leaks while running that stop when the engine is off due to check valves in the system.
replyreply
(11-02-2018 )Steen Wrote:  My air compressor goes on every 3mins. I dont lose any air, gauges shows full. Any idea what the problem is? Put new governor no effect
Could be air leak line between governor and air compressor unloader. 1/4 inch.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Steen , Waterloo , barf
On a side note, when was the last time you replaced the air dryer filter/cartridge?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-03-2018, (Subject: AIR COMPRESSOR ISX 871 ) 
I checked today for air leak there is non air dryer filter 30k ago, but after the trans on right side on the frame there some box with harness and few air hoses and that this make a clicking noise and at the moment the compressor starts pumping, when the governor cut off at 130psi compressor stops too. After 3mins that box starts clicking and compressor starts pumping air gauge show around 125psi. same rhing every 3mins or so.
replyreply
11-03-2018, (Subject: AIR COMPRESSOR ISX 871 ) 
My 386 has it on the left frame rail, but it sounds like you're describing your abs valve, or possibly a stability control valve/box. How long does compressor stay on? The abs will click at startup when doing its checks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.