So who here does all of their own tire work?
11-08-2018, (Subject: So who here does all of their own tire work? ) 
RE: So who here does all of their own tire work?
Chicago Tire sells new truck tires as well as their own retreads.

The NEW, virgin tires are General Ameristeel. Price includes shipping. Not a bad deal for those who want to save some money by doing their own rubber.

I have no financial interest in this enterprise but pass along a good deal, if and when I find one.

Generally, most folks get what they pay for...but I have a hard time paying a premium for a tire so easily damaged on the road.

I do use Centri-matic tire balancers having "discovered" them in '97 at the Petro in Joplin. Anything that can improve and lengthen the life of an expensive tire is well worth looking into.
replyreply
(11-08-2018 )Diesel_Pusher Wrote:  ...
No sensible person would argue that improper air pressure on a hot day is anything but sure death for a retread or even a virgin tire for that matter. The lazy O/O or company driver is always going to pay a price for neglecting their tires.

Sounds like some millennial narcissistic statement of fantasy to me to imply that the hoards of retread "gators" found all down I-75 in the summer time are "improperly inflated tires" as you have put it. - I want some of what your smokin', maybe I would understand such blind sarcastic ignorance!.

RECAPS ARE GENERALLY DANGEROUS AND DESTRUCTIVE -- PERIOD!! -- ESPECIALLY ON A TRACTOR WHERE TORQUE IS APPLIED TO THEM ALL DAY LONG DURING HOT WEATHER!

TAKE THAT BLIND IGNORANCE BACK TO TTR WHERE IT BELONGS!. -- YOUR NOT ON SOCIAL MEEDA!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Philroy
I guess I'll say it again. I went from blowing one tire a month using retreads and Recaps for over a year my 1st year owning a truck. That average held true for the two years previous before I started becoming an owner-operator. Yes, that's roughly 36 tires I blew out in 3 years. I know full well what Recaps are capable of from every manufacturer that swore they were the best in the world. To not one single blow out in the last 11 years of operating with Virgin tires.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Philroy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.