Crankcase pressure/volume build up
11-08-2018, (Subject: Crankcase pressure/volume build up ) 
Crankcase pressure/volume build up
I have competed a blow by test for my ISX871 850K (Correction..it has a second motor mileage supposedly 600k)
As per Rawzes blow by test video. As I increased my rpm slowly to 1500 the difference in the water level kept increasing and oil was coming out of the dipstick. I have checked for the usual blockage related stuff...crankcase filter..blow by drain tube..etc
What can cause continual building of crankcase pressure? I suspect the turbo but how would I test for that? I have not performed a compression test. Engine runs smooth. I performed a cylinder cut out test with Insite and it seemed okay. I'm at a loss!

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply
RE: Crankcase pressure/volume build up
(11-08-2018 )Makmak Wrote:  I have competed a blow by test for my ISX871 850K mileage.
As per Rawzes blow by test video. As I increased my rpm slowly to 1500 the difference in the water level kept increasing and oil was coming out of the dipstick. I have checked for the usual blockage related stuff...crankcase filter..blow by drain tube..etc
What can cause continual building of crankcase pressure? I suspect the turbo but how would I test for that? I have not performed a compression test. Engine runs smooth. I performed a cylinder cut out test with Insite and it seemed okay. I'm at a loss!

maybe drill out the crank case filter so it can;t build pressure and hurt the turbo?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Makmak
(11-08-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-08-2018 )Makmak Wrote:  I have competed a blow by test for my ISX871 850K mileage.

maybe drill out the crank case filter so it can;t build pressure and hurt the turbo?
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376
I have already drilled a hole in the CC filter. While doing the blow by test all that was bypassed as you know. What is the max size file size of a video I can upload to here?

replyreply
Upload it to YouTube and then post a link on here.
replyreply
11-13-2018, (Subject: Crankcase pressure/volume build up ) 
i do beleive an air compressor can also throw pressure into CC
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Waterloo , Rawze , marek4792 , Llamtrkrp
11-15-2018, (Subject: Crankcase pressure/volume build up ) 
(11-13-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  i do beleive an air compressor can also throw pressure into CC
I checked yesterday I do have oil coming out of the compressor discharge port.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201811/post_2798_1542304509_2db47616b6f5810bd68f38c042cbf80f.png

replyreply
11-15-2018, (Subject: Crankcase pressure/volume build up ) 
(11-15-2018 )Makmak Wrote:  
(11-13-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  i do beleive an air compressor can also throw pressure into CC
I checked yesterday I do have oil coming out of the compressor discharge port.

that could cause a lot of issues with the air systems later on.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Makmak

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.