Another oil pressure thread
11-15-2018, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
RE: Another oil pressure thread
(11-15-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  I know the engine break was neat non existent on drive home.
After we plastigauge the rods and mains the ebreak o-rings will be looked at next for sure.

Top should be checked first before spending time and money on more serious checks. Just open valve cover and run engine until pressure drops. Watch oil flow around camshaft and eb solenoids.

Head has been replaced so has the rocker shafts and all rockers. Because of the 8 psi after oil filter only center to or three cam bearings are getting good oil front not nearly any and rear a little more than front. First head was the same.
Measurement of cam shows good and cam bearings are also goood. Both the previous head and this head that is on there now same results.

Btw: already been there done that. I may be ignorant of some things but I’m not stupid either.
After I exhausted all avenues up top and outside did I opened the bottom end.

I’ve been driving and maintaining these motors for 25 years and been building motors for 33 years. I don’t pretend to know everything and have forgot a lot over the years as well.

I have not ever worked on an isx till about a year ago and sought out some guidance here as I have never had this problem with any motor unless there was a spun rod or main bearing. In this cas best I can tell there are no spun bearings at all.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Peashooter67 - 11-15-2018
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Unilevers - 02-03-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.