Another oil pressure thread
11-15-2018, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
RE: Another oil pressure thread
(11-15-2018 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  I know the engine break was neat non existent on drive home.
After we plastigauge the rods and mains the ebreak o-rings will be looked at next for sure.

Top should be checked first before spending time and money on more serious checks. Just open valve cover and run engine until pressure drops. Watch oil flow around camshaft and eb solenoids.

Head has been replaced so has the rocker shafts and all rockers.

New head installed doesn't make any sense to me. Why? I have it on my engine done. Done by someone who did it wrong. After 5K miles look at this picture.         
BTW the oil pressure wasn't so low(probably 25psi) but went down in few days what was enough to alarm me and open the valve cover for inspection.
And once again, did you check the oil passages for << quote from another forum >>
This is an extreme important warning for everyone using Fleetguard LF9070 oil filters on ISX engines. We are finding the inner o-ring is either getting cut during installation or failing sometime thereafter. Pieces of the o-ring are getting pushed further into the engine oil galleries, commonly in the oil riffle that feeds the pistons cooling nozzles. The o-ring pieces are partially or fully blocking oil flow, or disturbing the spray direction causing piston overheating and eventually liner scoring and then failure requiring overhaul. This issue was brought to our attention from one of our own customers back at the end of the summer. This customer does his own services and had a piston failure. When we rebuilt the engine we removed the piston cooling nozzle to check it and that was when we found the chunk of oring stuck right in it. The customer still had the old filter and sure enough a chuck of the inner sealing oring was missing. We have our eye out for this. So far we have found 3 other ISX engines that have pieces of the inner oring missing when doing an oil change. These are our customers and we did the services! All three had the oil pan taken off and piston cooling nozzles taken out, and all three did indeed have pieces of oring in the nozzle feed oil gallery. We have taken this up with management, and so far we are being stonewalled for any information or help. Cummins says it is either an installing problem or a manufacturing defect. Fleetguard is saying nothing is wrong with their product and the oil filter is being installed wrong, or the oil filter headers on these engines is wrong somehow, typical! I really don't think we are all installing oil filters wrong. We are thinking the oring is too soft, or not properly secured on the inside of the filter below the threads. When removing one of these filters, simply look inside and make sure the whole oring is still there!!! If not, you have to pull the pan and remove all the piston cooling nozzles. The orings are hard to see because everything is black with oil. We have also been successful in using MIG wire to reach up into the gallery and actually push a piece that was in between nozzles to the next hole and grab it. We have been letting our customers know.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another oil pressure thread - snailexpress - 11-15-2018
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Unilevers - 02-03-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.