Another oil pressure thread
11-16-2018, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
RE: Another oil pressure thread
I also did some digging and found out why it is recommended to replace the oil cooler if you have low oil pressure issues...

It has been known that an abused engine, where the oil filters are not changed often enough, the oil bypass plug (the one you say got updated) will vibrate all the time, bypassing oil from the partially clogged oil filter (or simply if the spring gets weak) and eat up the inside of the housing, creating a hole / internal leak, bypassing the filter or if it eats a hole, draining back to the pan. - The same thing can happen to the high pressure relief valve (the one located to the right of it, shown here in this picture...

./uploads/201811/post_2_1542376078_44b2fb25fa9ea35b38a9a59e68d329d4.jpg

OR -- If the valve has failed in some way, will bypass oil right back into the oil pan, creating lower than normal oil pressure. It is the smaller of the 2 valves located at the top of the oil filter, and usually, no one ever checks / replaces it during an inframe. For all anyone knows, it may be simply full of trash?. Also, if the valve was replaced, it could be the housing partially eaten up, bypassing oil.

-- Maybe this bit of info helps to resolve your issue and why it is recommended to replace the oil cooler. Not so much the oil cooler, but the housing itself, I would suppose.

the oil cooler element(s) could also cause restriction if they become impacted with metal shavings or other contaminants, making oil flow problems too.

thats at least another thing to consider heavily if you have not replaced that oil cooler housing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Rawze - 11-16-2018
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Unilevers - 02-03-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.