Another oil pressure thread
02-03-2020, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
RE: Another oil pressure thread
(02-03-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  its not a crazy swap. wiring honestly on the truck side is very close just gotta modify a few things, add some 1939, change the TPS depending on what kind it is. Its not that crazy.

Now converting a 870 into a 871 is much harder. dropping a crate 871 in is ezmode.

If I’m going to change from 870 to an 871 it’s going to be a crate engine.
I’m shopping motors as I type this.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
The pic is what’s in the truck now

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
I would be leery of any Cummins reman motor, their quality is roughly what you have experienced already. More than a few crate motors with botched assemblies, liners thrown in without cutting block, etc... In frame at 70,000 miles... It sucks, but that is the reality out here.
replyreply
I think I’m going to need another block/crank.
I’ll know more tomorrow.

replyreply
02-04-2020, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
(02-03-2020 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  WELLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
A little over 101,xxx miles on rebuild and my engine is trashed.
Front crank bushing / bearing went out. I don’t have the motor open yet but I’m 99% certain there is little metal flakes run all through the motor.
Can’t wait to open it up and figure out what happened.
Sssoooooooooooooooo........... here is the million dollar question?????????
I’m buying a used running low mileage motor and pulling this one out for core.
What is in the truck is a cummins isx cm870 .....
What should I put back in its place?

Front crank bearing would have never gone out if someone had done the job properly.

it sounds to me like the engine was doomed from the start. - A OE stealer$shi#t rebuilt it (the worst place it could have been done at),.. oil pressures problems right off the bat, and a lot of other red flags typical of a shop niot knowing squat on how to properly inframe the engine.

Also, the shop that tried to help you, they are clueless too ...
I hope like hell you found a different, BETTER shop for helping you with this and not the same complete idiots you dealt with the last time.

it also sounds to me like your just one of those guys who will keep picking at their opwn scabs and keep making bad decisions, relying on "freshly inframed" and "used engines" and all sorts of other things that will put you in the hole deeper and deeper.

-- If i Owned a truck that the block was trashed like that on ..

I would buy a certified OE short-blockjust for the components, tear it down, counter-bore it, set liner height to 0.014" (reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid11611 ), put a brand new head on it, and take the old stuff off the old engine that was still good,.. so that AT LEAST 'I KNEW WITHOUT ANY SHADOW OF ANY DOUBT' about how well it was built,.. and knew EXACTLY WHAT I HAD and that it could be trusted for the next million miles,.. even if it had cost me 2x as much because THERE IS NOT ANY PROFIT IN DOING THINGS --- YET AGAIN IN A COUPLE YEARS!!!.

-- Sorry for putting it in harsh words,.. but -- I AM NOT OUT HERE ON THE ORADS TO JUMP OVER A DOLLAR JUST TO SAVE A DIME.. ... I AM HERE TO MAKE AN ACTUAL LONG TERM PROFIT I CAN KEEP AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT QUESTIONABLE, UNRELIABLE, USED, OR SHOTTY WORKMANSHIP OR ENGINES AND VEHICLES I CANNOT RELY ON BECAUSE THEY WERE HALF-ARSSED!

I ALSO WOULD NOT LET ANY SHOP ANYWHERE NEAR MY TRUCK OR ITS ENGINE IF THEY DID NOT KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT IT AS THE PROFESSIONALS ON THIS FORUM DO -- I DO NOT HAVE A BUDGET PLAN FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S IGNORANCE, NOR AM I WILLING TO PAY FOR THEIR EDUCATION!

HERE is a mighty fine example of this, how bad these shops really are, and why people have nothing but problems any more out of their trucks and engines. ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid25356

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Unfortunately Mr. Rawze all I have is enough money to buy a used running motor to put back in it.

I wish I had deep enough pockets to do as you suggested. I never fully recovered financially from my oil pressure fiasco. This last year has been so slow that I’ve let go and sold off my other trucks.

This one was running great with no issues for the whole year.

I understand your point of view. I really do.

He and I followed to the letter from commins how to put this motor together.

All I can afford at this time is to buy a running motor out of a wrecked truck and make sure the ecm program is a good one.

Just pulled the pan off and can’t see at the moment why the crank is moving around. My bet will be that The crank broke.

replyreply
Rawze

You may have jumper the gun on me.

I/we got the bottom of the motor open.

The crank shaft broke between the #1 rod and the #1 main about half way up between the two.

This was from a flaw in the crankshaft.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Was the balancer new or original?

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
New.

I tried following everything I could from here when we put my motor back together to avoid any future issues.

New oil pump new balancer the list was really long. Spent a lot of money to make this motor right so it would last.

We are taking the block down to remove it from the truck.

Inspection of balancer will be next.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.