Another oil pressure thread
02-04-2020, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
RE: Another oil pressure thread
I would be calling in my two year 100k warranty .
replyreply
New.

I tried following everything I could from here when we put my motor back together to avoid any future issues.

New oil pump new balancer.

We are taking the block down to remove it from the truck.

Inspection of balancer will be next.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
(02-04-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Was the balancer new or original?

That was my first thought too....you would think that some type of abnormal vibration would've contributed to the break.

Could a bad program possibly 'beat' the crank to death like that?
replyreply
(02-04-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Was the balancer new or original?

That was my first thought too....you would think that some type of abnormal vibration would've contributed to the break.

Could a bad program possibly 'beat' the crank to death like that?

I never noticed any weird vibes except on the way home the night before. I let out of the fuel and when the jakes came on it felt weird kinda like a vibration.
Except for that I had no clue.

That’s was Saturday night, Sunday morning I pretrip my truck including visual check for any seals leaking ect ect ect.

Drove 50 miles or so to load. I sat and high idled waiting to load then pulled up to load. While loading I notice an oil leak coming from my front seal.

Damage done a few minutes later it started making a weird noise that kept getting worse the longer it ran.

replyreply
I’ll be parting out this motor less the crank shaft.

replyreply
02-08-2020, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
(02-04-2020 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  Rawze

You may have jumper the gun on me.

I/we got the bottom of the motor open.

The crank shaft broke between the #1 rod and the #1 main about half way up between the two.

This was from a flaw in the crankshaft.

According to your posting history, and the things you have said so far on my forum ...

I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT THAT YOU HAD A BAD CRANK SHAFT AND THOSE MECHANICS HAS TO BE AN IDIOTS IF THEY THINK SO FOR EVEN ONE DAMN SECOND!!!!!!!!!!

according to you, that crank shaft, block, etc. made it a million+ miles without snapping,... until some gaggle of idiots (likely an OEM stealers$it too, they are the worst of the worst ) decided to re-build that engine and do it wrong.

--=---

* In this thread: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid31998
Quote:... No matter what I do to this engine the oil pressure will not go do any better than
8psi at 600 rpm and 22psi at 1400 rpm period. ...

and this thread: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid32019
Quote:... It’s a million mile motor and bought it with fresh overhaul. ...

and WHY it has those oil pressure issues, after I said (among many other possible causes) it could be that someone used the wrong rod-main bearing set in it, I explained it HERE .

AND YOU SAID .... in this thread: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid32382
Quote: ... Pulled all the rods out of the way this week and it’s worse than the cheap plastigauge set indicated.
With a proper measuring tool two rod journals were over .007 and two were over .008. I believe four rod journals being over .007 under size is sufficient to cause dramatic oil pressure lose.
Time to pull the crank and get it turned.010 under and get appropriate rod bearings.

--==- I KNEW RIGHT THEN AND THERE THAT THIS ENGINE WAS DOOMED!!! --- AND ON TOP OF THAT, SOMEONE MACHINING ON THE CRANK -- = IMBALANCED, AND HIGHLY UNLIKELY IT WILL BE PRECISION ENOUGH TO LAST A MILLION MILES EVER AGAIN... AND .... IT RUNNING WITH WRONG SIZED BEARINGS + LOW OIL PRESSURE ON A 500+ HP ENGINE IN ITS RECENT PAST == DISTORTION, STRESS, ETC... AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER PROBLEMS FOR THE FUTURE!

==================

YOUR RECENT FAILURE CLEARLY POINTS TO BAD WORKMANSHIP -- BY THE PERSON WHO INFRAMED IT THE FIRST TIME,.. COMBINED WITH HAVING THE CRANK RE-MACHINED!!! -- AND THE RESULT IS AS EXPECTED .....

You called it here: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid49997
Quote: ... A little over 101,xxx miles on rebuild and my engine is trashed. ...

AND GUESS WHAT: -- IT WAS THAT CRANK THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY TORTURED, YOU STATED IT HERE: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid50035
Quote:... The crank shaft broke between the #1 rod and the #1 main about half way up between the two. ...

======================

DO YOU NOT SEE THE OBVIOUS PATTERN HERE? --- Or are you still convincing yourself that all your problems are nothing but bad components and bad luck?

--- SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE IS BLOWING SMOKE UP YOUR ARSSE, AND IF YOU SEE THIS BY NOW THEN YOU WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO SUFFER THE FATE OF HAVING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND!--- IT IS OBVIOUS THIS ONE.. AND FOR YOU TO DISAGREE WITH WHAT I STATED HERE: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid50028

Rawze Wrote:...
Front crank bearing would have never gone out if someone had done the job properly.

it sounds to me like the engine was doomed from the start. - A OE stealer$shi#t rebuilt it (the worst place it could have been done at),.. oil pressures problems right off the bat, and a lot of other red flags typical of a shop niot knowing squat on how to properly inframe the engine.

Also, the shop that tried to help you, they are clueless too ...
I hope like hell you found a different, BETTER shop for helping you with this and not the same complete idiots you dealt with the last time.

THEN I WANT SOME OF THAT CRACK PIPE YOU ARE SMOKING SO THAT I CAN LIVE IN THAT FANTASY WORLD TOO!
-- Better yet,.. keep your crack pipe, I want no part of bad decisions, and then having to cry about them, and deny reality.

You can deny it all you like, but I see your future.

--- IT IS LOOKING LIKE YOU JUST WANT TO CONTINUING TO MAKE POOR DECISIONS BECAUSE OF "BEING BROKE AND DESPERATE" AND PICK AT YOUR OWN SCABS AND WOUNDS AND THEN GO THE CHEAPEST ROUTE YET AGAIN ...

<- THERE IS NO ROOM IN TRUCKING FOR THIS SITUATION WITHOUT SUFFERING ITS CONTINUED FATE!, AND YOU WILL NEVER GET ON TOP OF YOUR FINANCIAL RUIN WITH THAT ATTITUDE AND WAY OF DOING THINGS!

I would have said to you, if you cannot afford to do things the right ways,.. LEARN HOW TO SAVE AND MANAGE MONEY / EXPENSES, ETC. BETTER AT HOME, WORK, YOUR BUSINESS, IF THAT IS WHY YOUR ALWAYS BROKE,... AND GO BECOME A COMPANY DRIVER FOR A WHILE, WORK AND SAVE UP SOME $$$$ --- SO THAT YOU CAN PUT THAT BROKE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT FIXED THE RIGHT WAY! ..-- THAT OR TRADE IN THAT BOAT ANCHOR THAT YOU, AND THOSE MORONS WHO I LIKELY WOULD NOT EVEN LET HOLD A SCREWDRIVER NONETHELESS WORK ON A $40,000 ENGINE MADE SO MANY BAD DECISIONS ON, AND START OVER!!!!!!!!!!

At this point, you have a used engine on its way to be put in that truck. Not a completely bad decision in itself, BUT >>>> .. Good luck with that,.. maybe you win the lottery and all will suddenly be 'cured', but I still MOST LIKELY DOUBT IT!!! --- especially since you say its and old CM870 with only 400k miles on it -- THAT IN ITSELF IS A HUGE RED FLAG YET AGAIN! -- engine that old? --- only 400k miles ? -- SOMETHING DOES NOT ADD UP!

If you can't afford to fix it now, you will not be able to afford to fix this new engine's woas in its near future, and you are really no further ahead, but only much deeper in that financial hole.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
02-09-2020, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

replyreply

replyreply
Sorry I asked for help.

I fixed or tried to fix someone else’s screw up and thought I did.
You know nothing of my financial wows or how I got here. iT WASNT POOR MONEY MANAGEMENT.

I went from work abondance to no wor and now where to go.

I am where I am when my crank broke and I still haven’t found a cause.

Now I’m financially forced to buy a used motor or just sell out all together.
Your not here and your not full informed as to other influences in my day to day life.

I’m sorry I even came here to give n update on the end to this motor and ask for help to have someone look at my ecm programming to make sure it’s ok to no avail , again I’m sorry I asked.

My shop isn’t to blame for buying a truck with a bad rebuild but I’m stuck with the truck and that’s how it is.

Since I figured out what my oil pressure problem was I fixed it. When I sent the crank off it was to find out what size the bearings and crank was and to match to proper bearings.

Cummins polishes the crank and returned it with the right bearings. I did not ask for additional machining.

If you or any of your co-parts won’t answer or remote in to make sure I at least have a stable program so hopefully this motor may survive will at least live long enough to get out of this mess I find myself in then say so.

I did not come here and rant or rave or yell or cuss anyone here. What I have done is report from start to finish what I bought , found out, and it’s ultimate end.

You yell at me as though somehow it’s all my fault and I deserve all these problems I find myself with when all I did to this point is do the best I could with the cards I was delt.

It wouldn’t be so bad had my income not shrank over night by 75% and I’ve been struggling to survive ever since.

This truck isn’t my only expense and you can’t pretend to even know where how or why I am where I am financially. I can tell you it’s not because I can’t Budget or follow a financial plan.

Bottom line

I came here for help with where I am if none of you are going to help then say so. Don’t come here and berate me.

Btw

A bad bearing was my initial thought as to its failure.

Now that the motor is out I have found that it wasn’t a bearing failure but a broke crank.
I’m clueless as to why it broke.

The crank is turned 10 under and even by your own words these cranks come from the factory 10 and 20 under AO I seriously doubt that the crank being polished and returned with proper breaths had anything to do with its ultimate failure. Is it possible? Yes! Is it the reason? Just as plausible as any other at this point.

1-I bought the truck
2- it had oil pressure problem
3- I found and fixed it

At this point financially I’m in deep here with this truck as it’s been in the shop 6 months

4- I pay big bill to to shop for fixing it.
5- financial rug pulled out from under me
6- imployees quit or gets fired and I sell those trucks
7- finally starting to pull out of slump and engine craters.

That’s life bud and I don’t have the money and time to buy a crate motor then do everything you told me to do to it at this point.

I 1- ether push it out in the street and file bankRuptcy
2- buy a running motor and roll with it. There’s not enough in reserves for another 25K rebuild.

Have a nice life and you don’t have to worry about me coming back here.
I posted updates for people that come looking for the same issues I originally had.

Y’all have a great great great one ☝️. Peace and joy.

I’ll just have to take my ecm chances I guess.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.