Another oil pressure thread
02-09-2020, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
RE: Another oil pressure thread
I am here, and this forum is to help people the best ways that at are known at any given time...

I did not make this place to make friends with others, I have no desire to win any popularity contests. .. but simply to have a place to share my own thoughts, good, bad, and definitely opinionated based on past experiences.

YUP, you'de better believe I try to put a bit of hot=-sauce under everyone's arm-pits when they don't seem to be on the path that is obvious to every one else around them. IT IS to piss em off just a bit, and wake em up!, so at least it will grate on them and they will start to at least consider there is a different direction that can be taken, even if it is a difficult one.

AND WHEN someone is in financial ruin --- THAT IS WHEN I GO OUT MY WAY THE MOST TO point out the mistakes and situations that got them there , not to belittle them, but to push them to think harder... BUT MOSTLY NOT FOR THEM -- BUT FOR people in the future who finds threads like these TO LEARN FROM IT SO THEY DON'T END UP WITH THE SAME FATE! -- I HATE SEEING IT THE FIRST TIME, NONETHELESS SOMEONE ELSE COMES ALONG AND REPEATS HISTORY!!!

-- Then I will show them the way I would do things to move forward because I absolutely don't gamble or rely on unknowns to pull me out of bad situation, that is not my own business model, and for the life of me I don't know why anyone else would even consider thinking this way, but it seems to be the norm in trucking to 'go with your gut' or the words from some mechanic or salesman about 'that used truck part or engine' that is going to pull you out of your hole... sorry, but I would have told them that the goal is to eliminate any possible unseen 'uh-ooh's' you can up front, and MORE USED, OLD, UNRELIABLE PARTS ARE NOT THE ANSWER in this situation.

-- because --- ONLY THOSE THINGS THAT HAVE THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE GUARANTEE ON SUCCESS, SAFETY, AND HIGHEST STANDARDS WILL PULL A PERSON OUT OF THAT HOLE AT THAT POINT!!!. they gambled, and relied on too many 'what-if's' and 'assumption it will be ok for a while' and all sorts of other demons in their heads ... and THAT DID NOT FAIR WELL SO FAR FOR THEM.

-- SUGGESTING ANYTHING LESS THAN THE MOST SUCCESSFUL, MOST WISE DECISION THAT WILL RETURN THE HIGHEST LONG TERM, HIGHEST GUARANTEE ON THE INVESTMENT, EVEN IF IT IS A DIFFICULT ONE TO MAKE --- IS THE MOST SOLID ANSWER!.

AND IF I WERE THAT DESPERATE< YOU HAD BETTER GODDAMN BELIEVE I WOULD HAVE PARTED WAYS WITH THAT THING -- OR FIGURED IT THE H$LL OUT HOW TO FIX IT THE 110% RIGHT WAYS SO THAT MY HOLE DID NOT GET DEEPER IN MY LONG TERM FUTURE!

As my wife would put it -- 'A person has to be more stubborn than their situation, no matter how high that mountain may seem, or you will never overcome it'. (You gotta be more stubborn and grumpy than your own gut-fat to loose weight and become more healthy').. and I donl't know about anyone else...but my gut-fat seems to be pretty goddamn stubborn!.

So I would normally say .. choose your demons ... more "unknowns, and hole-digging possibilities" .. or "the harder, more expensive road with a much, much higher guarantee of success where every bit if that extra, more difficult to come up with dime spent, YOU WILL GET BACK!"

- but you moved past that spot (buying another used engine) before you even posted on here, so all I can do is wish you the best of luck, and piont out how much of a GAMBLE that it really was at this point, so that SOMEONE ELSE IN THE FUTURE does not do something so desperate.

-- poor decisions, convincing that it will be 'ok'... -- THE ONLY WAY I WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED THIS POOR DECISION IS IF THAT SAME MECHANIC WAS GOING TO BE RIGHT THERE INSTALLING AN IN-FRAME KIT AND HEAD ONTO THAT BAD DECISION TO GO WITH THAT (80% most likely) BOAT-ANCHOR OF AN ENGINE YOU JUST PURCHASED! -- BECAUSE MY GUT TELLS ME THAT I SHOULD NOT TRUST IT ONE DAMN BIT AND I DON'T PAY MY ELECTRIC BILL WITH 'ASSUMPTION'' and 'they said it was a good engine' --- IT IS PAID BY HAVING TO RELY 100% ON MY EQUIPMENT -- SO THEREFORE I MUST TAKE 0% CHANCES -- TO BE AS CLOSE TO 100% RELIABLE AS IT GETS!

Waterloo, and about 100 or so other forum members on here that have been around for a while ARE MIGHTY FINE EXAMPLES OF THIS! - They TURNED AROUND THE WORST SITUATIONS A PERSON COULD POSSIBLY BE IN BECAUSE THEY FINALLY STOPPED AND CHANGED THE ROAD THEY WERE ON TO A BETTER ONE!.

DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK THAT someone like Waterloo (just an example), and all the problems he has had, that he wanted to live in his truck for a couple months REBUILDING HIS ENGINE HIMSELF IN MY DRIVEWAY because he just wanted to? -- It IS BECAUSE he realized as a truck owner, after going that route of 'relying on others' that the 'rely' and 'others' part IS THAT VERY THING THAT FAILED HIM!... and that it was his engine and truck (sole source of income) that suffered repeatedly as a result.

I HATE TO SEE IT,.. It is a pattern repeated on here waay too often, and BETTER EDUCATION + NOT RELYING ON 'WHAT-IF'S' or 'CHANCES ARE ITS OK' are the primary keys to avoiding it.

-- As far as your programming goes -- PM mommaburt, Unilevers, running Rough, Mr.Hag, OR BETTER YET,.. DON'T RELY ON ANYONE ELSE ... GO GET A USED LAPTOP AND TEACH YOURSELF TO COPY THE PROGRAM OUT OF THAT ECM AND E-MAIL IT TO ME... for an inspection. - IN THE DAY OR SO IT TAKES TO LEARN HOW TO PULL THE FILE OUT OF YOUR OWN ECM YOURSELF,.. YOU WILL KNOW HOW TO PUT A BETTER ONE IN ITS PLACE -- WITHOUT RELYING ON ANYONE! -- THESE MODERN COMPUTERIZED ENGINES REQUIRE THEIR OWNERS TO HAVE THOSE KINDS OF CAPABILITIES IF THEY WANT ANY KIND OF LONG TERM OWNERSHIP SUCCESS!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Waterloo , snailexpress

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Unilevers - 02-03-2020,
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Rawze - 02-09-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.