Another oil pressure thread
04-04-2020, (Subject: Another oil pressure thread ) 
RE: Another oil pressure thread
I chose to fix this motor. Most of my decisions were based on where I was at at the time the decision had to be made with a lot of ignorance about this red motor right after it was bought. Remember?,oh wait ! Now one knows from where I come from or my experience here.

Most of my career I have only had and used cat motors and my oil pressure issue was compounded by every where I turned “ oh , low oil pressure is normal” so I started at the top of this motor and worked my way down.

The world I come from you polish yor journals for new bearings and I excepted the crank back with the polish job. I didn’t ask for it , it was done automatically by the machine shop. O

When I got this cummins I had no idea what I was getting into that’s for sure.

Yes , in retrospect I should have got a new crank but there are quite a few I shoulda haves here.
I should have this or that before I started the next step and I didn’t.
I was to divided at the Time and should have been more focused on this truck.
I should have called and talked over where I was and my finding before I made any decisions.

I have been gone for a while fixing this motor or better rebuilding this motor.

I/we can speculate why my crank broke but in the end that’s all it can be is speculation.
Not one did I eve say I have a bad program in my ecm. I was just trying to make sure my program is ok since I have no ides who has been in it or what/ if anyone has messed with it because at some point the egr was messed with.

I’m almost done rebuilding this motor from the bottom up and would like for it to last since it has all new internals from the bottom up.
Yes, I did what raze said. I even cut the the deck and bores , shimmed the liners to 0.015”.

Next is to get my laptop set up.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Unilevers - 02-03-2020,
RE: Another oil pressure thread - Peashooter67 - 04-04-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.