CM2250 Regen Confusion
04-30-2016, (Subject: CM2250 Regen Confusion ) 
RE: CM2250 Regen Confusion
I am ready plan C. I have had no real issues yet, except crappy fuel mileage.
I have just spent a lot of money, just doing the egr tune up. The cost of the sensors and dosers are outrageous. $400 just for 1 nox sensor, which I installed today.
replyreply
05-01-2016, (Subject: CM2250 Regen Confusion ) 
(04-30-2016 )overshot Wrote:  I am ready plan C. I have had no real issues yet, except crappy fuel mileage.
I have just spent a lot of money, just doing the egr tune up. The cost of the sensors and dosers are outrageous. $400 just for 1 nox sensor, which I installed today.

I PM you my number so that you can discuss it further with someone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-01-2016, (Subject: CM2250 Regen Confusion ) 
(04-30-2016 )overshot Wrote:  I am ready plan C. I have had no real issues yet, except crappy fuel mileage.

Do it, Plan C, and bankroll the money you save in fuel, down and shop time. It is a good feeling walking out to the truck in the morning knowing that you no longer have to worry about this stuff. It is like going back in time, general maintenance and regular services. No more chasing check engine lights and worrying about derates or breaking down. And come the end of the week, when you get those settlements, in my case I went from $1500 a week in fuel down to $500-$700. When you see those numbers you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner. Trust me on that.
replyreply
05-14-2016, (Subject: CM2250 Regen Confusion ) 
I'm definitely wanting to "Plan C" mine as well. I haven't had any regen issues yet, but knowing that at any moment something could fail, as well as all that soot going into the motor, doesn't sit well. Top it off, you have the regen cycles sucking away at your fuel economy 2 to 3 times a day. Work hard to maximize efficiency only to have a regen(s) kill your whole day's work you put into it.

(04-29-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  So, I decided to do a forced regen the same way Rawze did it in his YouTube video. The final results are Regen #1 above. Now, I know in the YouTube video, the engine is a CM871 and I have a CM2250. But I'm curious why some of the numbers are so much different. Does something look wrong here? I'm looking at the Exhaust Gas Pressure, Intake Manifold Pressure, and Turbo RPM. They are much higher on my engine than the one in the YouTube video.

Mine had higher readings as well when I compared against the video, but I figured there were going to be differences between the two. I had to check as well to make sure nothing was abnormal about it. I should have searched around and found this thread before I posted and then all my questions and concerns would have already been answered, lol.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
(04-29-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Did you clean or replace the Doser injector first? It could not be spraying correctly.

replaced the IMAP? Delta-P and Exh BP sensors too?

DPF Delta-P? -- Clean/replae the SCR Filter? clean out the SCR injection crosspipe?

Lots of maintenance on those CM2250's.

what is normal time between regens, or is there. Mine has been all over the place, i recently had to have catalyst changed on mine (cm2250) is going about 1600 miles now, in past i was like 250miles between.
replyreply
(05-01-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  

Do it, Plan C, and bankroll the money you save in fuel, down and shop time. It is a good feeling walking out to the truck in the morning knowing that you no longer have to worry about this stuff. It is like going back in time, general maintenance and regular services. No more chasing check engine lights and worrying about derates or breaking down. And come the end of the week, when you get those settlements, in my case I went from $1500 a week in fuel down to $500-$700. When you see those numbers you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner. Trust me on that.

my concern is where do you take truck if something goes wrong down the line like turbo,ecm, ect. most shops around me don't want to touch truck after you " fix it".I live in mi. long way back to ga. if something goes wrong. spent so much money already about have no choice so i'm definitely thinking about doing plan c. any advice would be appreciated
replyreply
(05-14-2016 )smitty1243 Wrote:  my concern is where do you take truck if something goes wrong down the line like turbo,ecm, ect. most shops around me don't want to touch truck after you " fix it".I live in mi. long way back to ga. if something goes wrong. spent so much money already about have no choice so i'm definitely thinking about doing plan c. any advice would be appreciated

Plan -C will simply force you to NOT want to take your truck to the worst places to ever get a truck repaired,... Hmmm.

I wouldn't let an OEM shop hold the screwdriver while my blind cousin worked on my truck. It is those same morons that will refuse to work on one, so you aren't really missing out on anything really. . Most all other shops could care less.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-14-2016 )smitty1243 Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  

my concern is where do you take truck if something goes wrong down the line like turbo,ecm, ect. most shops around me don't want to touch truck after you " fix it".I live in mi. long way back to ga. if something goes wrong. spent so much money already about have no choice so i'm definitely thinking about doing plan c. any advice would be appreciated

Call me, I'm in Michigan over by Ann Arbor. I pm'd you my phone number. And there are plenty of places around the entire state that will do work on your truck, good, bad and ugly ones, mandate or not, I think I have hit them all. Finding a shop is not even on my radar, never has been.
replyreply
(05-14-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-14-2016 )smitty1243 Wrote:  my concern is where do you take truck if something goes wrong down the line like turbo,ecm, ect. most shops around me don't want to touch truck after you " fix it".I live in mi. long way back to ga. if something goes wrong. spent so much money already about have no choice so i'm definitely thinking about doing plan c. any advice would be appreciated

Plan -C will simply force you to NOT want to take your truck to the worst places to ever get a truck repaired,... Hmmm.

I wouldn't let an OEM shop hold the screwdriver while my blind cousin worked on my truck. It is those same morons that will refuse to work on one, so you aren't really missing out on anything really. . Most all other shops could care less.

I 2nd what Rawze says. i learned my lesson with my last truck. 9 days in the shop and $2400 and still it wasnt fixed. i had to buy the parts and fix it myself in a Kmart parking lot. damn stealerships, all they have is a bunch of parts changers. sometimes it's cheaper & quicker to have the wrecker to take your truck a little further down the road to get it fixed. a taxi and a few wrenches and you can change your own turbo.
just my opinion
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.