Pumping fuel out of the tanks
11-10-2018, (Subject: Pumping fuel out of the tanks ) 
Pumping fuel out of the tanks
So today i tried to make a filtration stystem with a harbor freight pump 1/2 hp..... i put everything on right and its as if it doesnt have enough power.... i see other guys using these small ass pumps and its working great for them but this thing isnt doing anything.

Has anyone else made theri own fuel cleaning system?

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
RE: Pumping fuel out of the tanks
Is this the punp you bought? I have this one and has pump hundreds of gallons for me.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(11-10-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  So today i tried to make a filtration stystem with a harbor freight pump 1/2 hp..... i put everything on right and its as if it doesnt have enough power.... i see other guys using these small ass pumps and its working great for them but this thing isnt doing anything.

Some pumps you have to prime before they start working good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-11-2018, (Subject: Pumping fuel out of the tanks ) 
(11-10-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  Is this the punp you bought? I have this one and has pump hundreds of gallons for me.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-hp-cast...63316.html

this is the one i went with but it doesnt have enough power to pull the fuel. it wouldnt even pick up anything in a bucket..

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(11-10-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-10-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  So today i tried to make a filtration stystem with a harbor freight pump 1/2 hp..... i put everything on right and its as if it doesnt have enough power.... i see other guys using these small ass pumps and its working great for them but this thing isnt doing anything.

Some pumps you have to prime before they start working good.

so i did add some water but maybe it was enough???

replyreply
So after breaking a bunch of stuff and running around for parts. This is what I ended up with. It’s not bad doing this little project for the first time. Also the fuel in the orange buckets have a dark blue color or even black... not sure but it’s one of those two. I took out as much fuel as I could from both tanks and cleaning them up inside, went and made couple of trips to get fresh fuel put in the tanks.

Honestly after running this little set up, the filters didn’t much to filtrate the color but it did get rid lot of junk that was sitting in the tanks.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
11-12-2018, (Subject: Pumping fuel out of the tanks ) 
If that black shi#t is supposed to be diesel, DO NOT PUT THAT BACK IN YOUR FUEL TANKS! ITS GOOD FOR A WASTE OIL HEATER THATS IT. U need to clean those tanks thoroughly as well as ur davco and start over.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.