N14 issues
12-06-2018, (Subject: N14 issues ) 
RE: N14 issues
It's a injector on it's way out then .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
12-07-2018, (Subject: N14 issues ) 
If you do go the injector route, I suggest getting the PX injectors not the RX ones.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
12-08-2018, (Subject: N14 issues ) 
What's the difference between the px and rx?

And I took off oil fill cap. Put my hand about a inch or so from it and I could feel a steady puff of air hit my hand. Like it had a rhythm. Didn't know if this was normal. Like compression

And I have a cpl of connectors that when u pull the connector away from outsidefor the injector there is oil on the plug.
replyreply
They (Cummins) released the RX a while back to compete, price wise, with aftermarket. They reuse more parts instead of just replacing solenoids, barrel, plungers and tappets 100% new they apply an 'inspect for reuse' guidelines. Also the RX only has a one year warranty, the PX will have more new parts and a two year warranty.

Oil in the pass-thrus will create shorts. Get come new pass-thrus, seals for the male Deutsch connectors on both sides and a couple cans of electrical cleaner.

Also, please don't take this list personal, but have these things been checked?
Overhead, base timing, pushrods, cam & followers, run out of a bucket to check for aeration, rail pressure
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
I won't take anything personally lol

The over head was ran when cummins changed an injector a month or so ago. Timing, pushrods, followers have not been checked.

I have not ran out of a bucket. Or checked pressure, But have changed all the fuel lines from tanks forward, cleaned the check valve, and replaced the fuel pump with a rebuilt cummins one 3 months ago.

It still is super hard to start, have to use starting fluid to get it to start and even then it still takes forever. I would say 10 to 15 seconds
replyreply
Sometimes it will fire right up and sometimes it takes forever
replyreply
(12-08-2018 )Moose Wrote:  They (Cummins) released the RX a while back to compete, price wise, with aftermarket. They reuse more parts instead of just replacing solenoids, barrel, plungers and tappets 100% new they apply an 'inspect for reuse' guidelines. Also the RX only has a one year warranty, the PX will have more new parts and a two year warranty.

Oil in the pass-thrus will create shorts. Get come new pass-thrus, seals for the male Deutsch connectors on both sides and a couple cans of electrical cleaner.

Also, please don't take this list personal, but have these things been checked?
Overhead, base timing, pushrods, cam & followers, run out of a bucket to check for aeration, rail pressure

I'm guessing the one I just bought for my ism was a rx cause it has a 1yr warennty and was $236 lol
replyreply
12-09-2018, (Subject: N14 issues ) 
pressurize the fuel tanks to 10 psi and let it sit for an hour or so. look for fuel line leaks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-09-2018, (Subject: N14 issues ) 
I'll try that. Have to figure out how to seal were my gauge bolts on the top. It doesn't seal the best. The hillbilly that owned it before me stripped the bolts out and used self tappers to try and re seal it. And diesel makes its way out when I fill tank full
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.