Cummins cm2350 Regen issues
11-12-2018, (Subject: Cummins cm2350 Regen issues ) 
Cummins cm2350 Regen issues
My first post in this forum and thank rawze for sending my the invitation code.Found this website on YouTube . Just can’t believe there’s still people like him actually helping others god bless you rawze. Ok know back to my problem I just purchased this truck 2015 T680 with cm2350 back in September of this year 2018 and now I have issues with aftertreatment system. I started noticing fuel mileage dropping from 7.8 to 6.3 in a average liad(25,000) so I took it back to the dealer and service manager just check the ecu for any codes nothing show up so gave me this bs about being my rear ends . But now I noticed the truck was not doing any regeneration cycles and has only done it one time since I purchased this truck. This is my first truck with aftertreatment . So I found rawzes video on how to regenerate Cummins with insite. And follow all instructions but after almost 50 minutes the truck will still go and won’t register any of the outlets sensors readings. So I let it run noticed that a lot of smoke was coming out of the flex pipe just after the turbo and also from the two big muffler looking thing on the passenger side of the truck that I think are the particle filters. This has lead me to think that this filters . So any advice will be really appreciated . And thanks for any help in advance.
replyreply
RE: Cummins cm2350 Regen issues
I don't know much about your problem but I am curious about what rear differential ratio you have and what that stealership's reasoning was for the rears being the cause of fuel mileage drop.
replyreply
I have 3.25 . And I’m pretty sure they knew this truck already had aftertreatment issues.I been doing some research and I think I just need to remove it send it for cleaning and flow test . But I still think I should have some kind of a reading on the output sensor doing a force regeneration with insite?
replyreply
You should not have smoke coming from the flexpipe before the aftertreatment system if there's any smoke before the after there is a crack or break in the pipe and that can cause your regen system to not work correctly because the fuel being put into it will ignite before it reaches the filters clean them.

and the output temperature sensor should read ambient exhaust temperature or higher than exhaust temperature when regenerating
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jaielv , rrod , Rawze
(11-12-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  You should not have smoke coming from the flexpipe before the aftertreatment system if there's any smoke before the after there is a crack or break in the pipe and that can cause your regen system to not work correctly because the fuel being put into it will ignite before it reaches the filters clean them.

and the output temperature sensor should read ambient exhaust temperature or higher than exhaust temperature when regenerating

Ok so with the flex pipe crack will that cause a no reading on the exhaust temperature sensors? I did take a look at harness it’s all connected the only thing I noticed is that whenever the last dpf filter cleaning was done they did a terrible job with routing the harness they just let them sit on top of the filter . I could see how the heat was already burning on the aluminum protector before the cables. I don’t think that it burned the cables if not it will show up in insite software. Because exhaust temperature sensors read zero is what I don’t understand.
replyreply
You need to strip the heat shielding off the harness and inspect it. That is a RADIANT heat barrier and will not protect the wires from direct contact.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Jaielv
if its 50 degrees outside the sensors should read 50 not running, if the exhaust is 300degrees the sensors should read 300 degrees...the sensors should never read 0 unless its not running and its 0 outside.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jaielv

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.