CM2250 stalling at idle
11-13-2018, (Subject: CM2250 stalling at idle ) 
CM2250 stalling at idle
I have a CM2250 and it stalls after driving for awhile and parking on the side of the highway. Once parked it will take about 30 seconds to a minute and it will stall like you just turned the key off. I've looked for any visible leaks and none found. When it stalls out I get a code for low fuel rail pressure, it doesn't always code out though. While driving and monitoring rail pressure it seems to keep up while driving without any issue. It does drop when coming to a stop randomly, it doesn't happen every time either, it's completely random but only happens when stopped/coming to a stop and idling.

Gear pump is new within the last 8 months. Engine was rebuilt a few weeks ago and the problem happened before the engine rebuild. Anyone else have this weird issue? I feel like tracking it down is going to be one of those pull out your hair moments...
replyreply
RE: CM2250 stalling at idle
The symptoms sound real familiar. I'm betting your ECM has PMS.

Just a guess.
replyreply
all seals on everything in fuel system good? fuel filters/suction lines yada yada
replyreply
Do rawzes tap a tap a , on the ecm , just a thought

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Sounds like your Ecm is going bad
replyreply
Monitor ECM, and all sensor and pressure voltages with Insite or CT and see if you can catch it in the act. I had TPS wiring that had gone bad (changed color from bright copper to slightly darker copper) in certain areas of the harness. I had to monitor for a week or so while driving to catch it dropping the 5 volt circuit by 1-2 volts intermittently. Which wasn't enough to throw a code but enough to make accelerating interesting at times.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zyNoT
I'm not sure it's the ECM, but will now look towards that direction and monitor it.

The one day I went to start it up and it cranked but didn't start like it wasn't getting any fuel. After key cycling it started right up. If it is ECM I'm guessing it will get worse and worse till it shuts off every few seconds. I thought these ECMs were stronger than that. :|

Fault codes I've received recently:

FC0559 - 2 count - "Injector Metering Rail 1 Pressure - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level"

FC1942 - 1 count - "Crankcase Pressure - Data erratic, intermittent or incorrect"
replyreply
(11-13-2018 )the missing link Wrote:  Do rawzes tap a tap a , on the ecm , just a thought

Tap on the ECM? I was going to take it apart and look to see if I can find any damage.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
Sounds to me like fuel actuator or it's wiring.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.