What is going on here. Photos
11-15-2018, (Subject: What is going on here. Photos ) 
What is going on here. Photos
Hello gentleman
How many different issues do I have going on here. Very frustrating trying to figure out what caused what to fail. As it stands my EGR is supposedly stuck in the closed postion. Also back of EGR cooler is leaking.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply
RE: What is going on here. Photos
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you probably got worn rings and polished liners especially if it's high mileage engine.. How's your oil consumption because that looks really bad..
replyreply
(11-15-2018 )marek4792 Wrote:  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you probably got worn rings and polished liners especially if it's high mileage engine.. How's your oil consumption because that looks really bad..
Thanks for the reply
Mileage is 850k....Bought this truck last year and it is not on the road as of yet so I don't know the oil consumption. I was thinking bad leaking doser valve and i replaced that.

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply
(11-15-2018 )Makmak Wrote:  
(11-15-2018 )marek4792 Wrote:  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you probably got worn rings and polished liners especially if it's high mileage engine.. How's your oil consumption because that looks really bad..
Thanks for the reply
Mileage is 850k....Bought this truck last year and it is not on the road as of yet so I don't know the oil consumption. I was thinking bad leaking doser valve and i replaced that.
yeah this looks a lot like slobber when the truck idles for a long period of time oil comes out the manifold gaskets, slip joints and through the turbo. Something I overlooked too is the writing on the head and the fresh flaking paint almost like it's been off the truck and remanned at some point possibly inframed with cheap parts or half assed..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Makmak

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.