What's in your toolbox?
11-18-2018, (Subject: What's in your toolbox? ) 
What's in your toolbox?
I was watching a video the other day of a guy working on a diesel truck engine.  It struck me funny as to what kind of tools he was using to dismantle engine components. Most of the time he was using a plain old monkey wrench. Im sure this mechanic had all the fancy tools and it was obvious to me that he knew his shi#t but It got me to thinking.....You can have all the best shiny fancy tools in your arsenal but if you are unable to understand the inner workings of the modern diesel motor and be knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot then those tools ain't going to help you much.
All I can say is thank goodness for a site like this, Rawses help and help from others on here that I am able to
Work through the issues with my truck and motor.

Conclusion....I would be grateful with just one shiny monkey wrench but with a bunch of troubleshooting knowledge in my toolbox. 

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo , imalumberjack
RE: What's in your toolbox?
Best tool I have is my Leatherman thats always attached to hip.
replyreply
Tools do not make a mechanic! Often today most are part changers .....me? I often find myself several hours from the right tool or part and have learned to "fix" what ever breaks even if its temporary. The bad? is I will often "fix" whatever breaks then have to do it again ....and again ...and again ....
replyreply
The husky tool kit from homedepot. 150 baby.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.