Volvo Isx 2010 regeneration problem
04-30-2016, (Subject: Volvo Isx 2010 regeneration problem ) 
Volvo Isx 2010 regeneration problem
Hi rawze and everybody out there!! I'm going to explain my problem so maybe somebody know about it!!
I just bought a 2010 volvo with a isx, I'm new in this engine I came from a n14 but before made the purchase I found out that cummins is the less bad engine from the new ones. When I just got it was in perfext shape, no codes no lights, everything fine, but when the regen light came on and I wanted to start a parked regeneration I realize this option was not in the display. Know I've been from shop to shop trying to find somebody who has had a similar experience but nothing!! So guys please help if somebody knows something!!
replyreply
RE: Volvo Isx 2010 regeneration problem
I to add that I just can do the regen with the insite but no option of' request parked regen' in the display!!
replyreply
(04-30-2016 )Tukigri Wrote:  Hi rawze and everybody out there!! I'm going to explain my problem so maybe somebody know about it!!
I just bought a 2010 volvo with a isx, I'm new in this engine I came from a n14 but before made the purchase I found out that cummins is the less bad engine from the new ones. When I just got it was in perfext shape, no codes no lights, everything fine, but when the regen light came on and I wanted to start a parked regeneration I realize this option was not in the display. Know I've been from shop to shop trying to find somebody who has had a similar experience but nothing!! So guys please help if somebody knows something!!
It should be AFTERTREATMENT on display menu.
What you mean regeneration light came on?
replyreply
Are you trying to start a regen without laptop? If so there is a rocker switch but it my not let you unless it wants it. Or are you wanting to know when it regens?
replyreply
(04-30-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 )Tukigri Wrote:  Hi rawze and everybody out there!! I'm going to explain my problem so maybe somebody know about it!!
It should be AFTERTREATMENT on display menu.
What you mean regeneration light came on?

This option is suposed to be there but it isn't! And i mean when the check light come on and the dpf light starts to blink. So my question is if somebody knows something about why the option to request a parked regen is not available in the display?
replyreply
(04-30-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Are you trying to start a regen without laptop? If so there is a rocker switch but it my not let you unless it wants it. Or are you wanting to know when it regens?
Exactly, I don't have the laptost so I asked in the local shop to read the status of the sensors to check if something is wrong that doesn't allow to me to perform the regen, but when the mechanic performed the regen by the insite it did perfectly, temp in the first sensor around 600, second and third around 1000 and dpf diferencial pressure says above normal. But what really get me woorried is why I don't have the option to request for a manual regen! And what about this rocker switch? Ecerybody I've talked to told me that in volvo only can request the regen by the display!
replyreply
I think I remember seeing/reading something that talked about different settings that the truck can have with the after treatment system. I wonder if one of the settings disables the ability to perform parked regens. Why anyone would disable that or have that as an option? I have no idea. But seems like something Volvo would do.
replyreply
Step one --- Get a decent windows 7 laptop used.

Step Two -- Get a chineese Inline-5 adapter that comes with Insite 7.6 off of e-bay for about $300 bucks or so.

Step Three -- Install it and be happy.

===============

Alternate method --- de-mandate it and be more profitable and happy too, wishing you had done so a long time ago.

I had mine done a while back just south of in Atlanta by one of the best there is in the country and can not be more happy.
replyreply
(04-30-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  I think I remember seeing/reading something that talked about different settings that the truck can have with the after treatment system. I wonder if one of the settings disables the ability to perform parked regens. Why anyone would disable that or have that as an option? I have no idea. But seems like something Volvo would do.
I'll check it now.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.