engine shaking badly
11-20-2018, (Subject: engine shaking badly ) 
RE: engine shaking badly
okay posted what i had on. You Tube not good quality or Rawze quality but just enough to see them moving
search --- isx jake's moving---
see if i'm wrong about this. any input would be appreciated
https://youtu.be/PwxinOqlqzY
replyreply
11-20-2018, (Subject: engine shaking badly ) 
Yeah, can see both moving ......and I'm see sick. Just saying your video is findable cannot help on issue but I think I see what your talking about.
replyreply
11-21-2018, (Subject: engine shaking badly ) 
so dealer called. said it is a failed injector causing the shaking with use of jake brake.
I asked them to run the truck with rocker off and see jake rockers moving , they say that's normal sometimes because of the side drag from the intake and exhaust arm can cause them to move slightly. but they will look again once injector is in and valves are set.
so would I be able to tell if its just side drag by resting say, my finger on them or should i tear them out and replace ball and spring for detent's ? when i get it back, i'm going to pull rocker cover and make a proper video of whats going on in there.
replyreply
That is what the detent ball and spring are for. To stop the rockers from being able to move. Either the balls are worn, the detent is worn, or both. Only way to tell for sure is to remove the shafts from the head and disassemble them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , slowpoke
Okay thanks, that reasoning is so good thanks for this, that's how i'm going to explain it to them and then see what they do about it. warranty when i had them do the engine was supposed to be 2 year or 320,000 km now today the told me all work is covered but my warranty is only 1 year or 160,000 km and i'm at 149,000 km so not much left.
Thanks Nilao that may really help me .
replyreply
11-25-2018, (Subject: engine shaking badly ) 
update got truck back from dealer they wouldn't give me any paperwork, just handed me the keys and said covered. when i asked what they did with the jakes they said nothing wrong with them it was an injector. so i asked for the manager. I told him that the jakes are rocking and on number 6 you cannot feel any dedent at all, he leaned over counter, all bug eyed saying NOTHING WRONG THERE SUPPOSED TO MOVE there on the same shaft for valve's. we argue I lose, I tried jakes on way home just to see stag 1 felt normal 2 and 3 engine warn comes on, checked with insite #3 solenoid shorted to low. (i do only have 2) pulled cover and found tab for wire plug to solenoid squished to body of solenoid grounding it out. and found both clamps for air intake piping finger lose, sooo just to see i pulled c clip off 2 rockers measured springs both were 1 and 15/16 pulled out plunger's that goes into d'tent they both have deep grooves (galling) on one side of them. i'm guessing its probably the shafts that are wore out the most thou, i've never seen one apart yet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
(11-25-2018 )slowpoke Wrote:  I told him that the jakes are rocking and on number 6 you cannot feel any dedent at all, he leaned over counter, all bug eyed saying NOTHING WRONG THERE SUPPOSED TO MOVE there on the same shaft for valve's.

Reminds me of the "shop manager" 15 or so years ago, that when I told him it sounded like an exhaust leak when the back pressure rose while turbo was spooling up, proceeded to school me on how there was no back pressure, turbo's sucked the exhaust out of the engine and I was an idiot.

Are they your only option to getting warranty work done?
replyreply
Service managers an idiot. The detent keeps the rollers on the jake brake from touching the cam or the exhaust crosshead stud...i would stay away from them if possible. If theres any Cummins warranty i would take ot there instead of the dealer...like i always say, the truck dealer is great for truck items but engine work needs to go to an engine shop.
replyreply
11-26-2018, (Subject: engine shaking badly ) 
one of the fastest ways to shorten the life of your engine =- taking it to the stealershits and OEM network of air-gun happy fools for a warranty claim issue on anything inside of the engine.

stealershits = morons trained by professional salesman idiots!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.