Engine Cruise RPM
11-19-2018, (Subject: Engine Cruise RPM ) 
Engine Cruise RPM
CM871 Demanded/ 11r22.5 / 13sp

Just wondering what a good cruise RPM is say for 80,000lbs right now at 67MPH in 12th im right at 1600 and i tend to run there as going to 13th drops to around 1400 and it feels like an underpowered fart.

can anyone calculate what my rear end is? when i bought the truck Int said 3.55 on website and Insite in prog-features shows 3.36 so i have no idea.

and no matter which what would be a good gear set to goto for a cruise speed between 65-70 with a buncha rolly polly hills not alot of big ones but alot of updown across i90 in soutb dakota and i80 in iowa
replyreply
RE: Engine Cruise RPM
I usually cruise about 1600-1700 rpm with a 2350 and do just fine, regarding calculating rear end, you didn't state your tire size.
replyreply
Look for a metal tag on your rears. It should tell what ratio you have

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , rrod
theyve been painted by the dealership so any tags on frame/engine/rears would be painted over
replyreply
11-20-2018, (Subject: Engine Cruise RPM ) 
I would believe the computer vs the dealer. The ECM has to know the ratio and tire size to calculate the MPH.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , rrod
well computer had 3.36/512revs which was about 2-3mph off from gps i set to 3.36/500 and its right on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
512 sounds like a lopro 22.5. The 11r is a tall 22.5.
replyreply
Locate the metal tags like hhow55 said. Scrape the paint off of them. They are aluminum so they won't rust if you're worried about that. The numbers should be stamped so there will be ridges to help you locate them. It sounds like you possibly could have a conflict between what the truck actually has for gear ratio and what the ECM thinks it has.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , rrod
a bit of gasoline and a paint brush works great for removing the years of buildup.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.