Diagnostic adapter recommendations?
11-21-2018, (Subject: Diagnostic adapter recommendations? ) 
Diagnostic adapter recommendations?
What is a good GENUINE RP1210 adapter, other than Nexiq? The Nexiq USB Link 2 is around $680. Research on here seems to indicate the Nexiq clones are garbage, so those are out. I'd like to be able connect to different brands, including Cat, otherwise I would just go for an Inline clone. So my question really is this - are there any other non-clone "universal" adapters out there that are less money than the Nexiq, and still work well? I looked at Jpro, then saw Rawze's scathing review. Plus the Jpro adapter is about the same cost as the Nexiq anyway.

TIA
replyreply
RE: Diagnostic adapter recommendations?
For cummins stuff, ability to flash cummins ecm, combined with truck general troubleshooting, chneese or genuine inlene 5 or 6 is fine.

For non-cummins stuff like CAT, etc. and you want to flash a cat or other non-cummins ECM, - genuine nexiq.

If your working on other people's stuff -- YOU NEED BOTH!. Problematic communications issues when working on other people's stuff are quite common. Sometimes having a different type of adapter + the extra OEM harnesses to go with them will save you hours and hours of pulling your hair out after you loose communications on something in the middle of a flash, and now the engine is a brick until you get it recovered.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just working on our own stuff - 2000 Sterling with C10 Cat, plus a 2016 6.7L in a pickup that we may want to connect to with Insite etc in the future. I think I can get away with just a Nexiq for all of the above - my understanding is that the Cummins programs are supposed to work with the Nexiq.

One thing I haven't considered - can the Inline 5 or 6 be used a generic adapter and function with non Cummins software?

Ideally I could find a lower cost alternative to the Nexiq that would do all of the above.
replyreply
Genuine nexiq is the way to go imo.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.