Cam/Rocker Condition
11-22-2018, (Subject: Cam/Rocker Condition ) 
Cam/Rocker Condition
Can anyone give me any information on this cam/rockers based on these photos. Like its condition ect. Its in a isx15 450 2350 x101. I have a few additional photos. Just from a bit further off.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2014 Pete 579 ISX15 2350 x101
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
RE: Cam/Rocker Condition
I decided to include the additional pics.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
looks like dirt staining except for the last pic of the first post. WTF did you blow off the gasket area and around the cover before you took it off? It looks like a ton of dirt fell in there from the valve cover removal.

while the first pics are not great, its very typical and unless you can catch it with your fingernail its fine - BUT CLEAN OUT THE LAST PIC OMG IT LOOKS LIKE THE DEEP END OF THE SANDBOX IN THERE!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , Philroy , imalumberjack , Brock
Thanks for the reply. They all felt pretty smooth no catching with a fingernail. It was cleaned out to the best of my ability before the cover went back on. What tipped me off to my lack of proper cleaning was a few tiny red paint specs in a couple of the photos. Stuff that small is hard to see with the naked eye. It is amazing what a high resolution photo shows.

replyreply
How many miles ?
I have the same engine with 398k and the cams look somewhat similar. Had the same concern.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply
430k miles Cummins just did an overhaul at 411k under the excessive oil consumption campaign. I just bought the truck and wanted to make sure the top wasn't about to destroy its self.

replyreply
11-23-2018, (Subject: Cam/Rocker Condition ) 
Yeah, i'm with unilevers on first glance at last pic it looks heavily pitted then you look to sides and you can tell its dirt everywhere. I think on cummins quickserve they give you a gauge as to what's exceptable wear and when to replace. That being said I would run it.
replyreply
11-23-2018, (Subject: Cam/Rocker Condition ) 
They call them white bands. Nothing to worry about.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.