Cummins isx 2350
11-26-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx 2350 ) 
Cummins isx 2350
Have this 2350 i noticed the other day my check engine light was flashing at start up and would go away. Hooked up insite and it said about the ash level in the DPF filter. So of course i go and look at my regen history. It wasn't good at all high 4's and 5s. So i forced regen and tried to reset the dpf filter so see if i could get the ash level code to go away. It did so and hasn't been back on. On the aftertreatment history where i did my 2 force regens they were 1.9 and 1.8. So i thought hmm maybe it was just a glitch in the system and all was good. Noticed today while driving it was doing a regen and it shouldn't of been doing one as i just did the 2 force regens. Numbers are 4.1,3.3,3.0,3.7 and got 2 fault codes 3376(Incomplete regen),2764(Exhaust back pressure above normal). Now when i do a force regen with insite. The temps hit almost 900+ within 6 mins and runs for about 40-55 mins total. I'm thinking i just need to replace the DPF in here what do you guys think?

I've replaced IMAP,Doser,Delta P
When i bought the truck i had them clean the DPF that was about 5 months ago now? I Called and confirm they did this yesterday and they said it was cleaned but wasn't baked as it wasn't needed.. My guess is it now needs it....
./uploads/201811/post_901_1543215838_ec412d93f6952b99eb9ea1b2fe9e96e6.png
replyreply
RE: Cummins isx 2350
(11-26-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  ...
and tried to reset the dpf filter

The only time you should do a "reset the dpf" in insite is when you pull it + the DOC, send it off to have uit baked + flow-tested + de-ashed, then re-install it. Performing the "dpf reset" action tells your engine that whatever it is reading is now, even if it is partially clogged up, is now a "0.00" instead of the clogged state it might be in. - The result is the engine complaining about high back-pressure because it was not actually clean when you did this reset but inadvertently lied to the engine instead.

high back-pressure on the engine will kill it or the turbocharger in short order.l Nothing to play with or try to fool into operating when things are wrong.

-- Go pull it, and the DOC off, take them somewhere to have them baked, de-ashed, flow tested, etc. - Replace the gaskets, clean the DOSER injector, replace imap sensor, clean egr valve, piping, and other egr circuits out, inspect/clean the DEF injector and decomp tube, DEF screen filter, etc.

THEN AFTER IT IS CLEANED OUT, you should perform a maint dpf reset on the system so that the engine knows what the pressures reading for a clean system really are, instead of fooling it and it complaining about other things while you chase ghosts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen
After 2 forced regens and it's still coming back up like that, I'd bite the bullet and get a new one. I betting the truck has ~600K on it and all the cleanings in the world won't get that amount of ash out.

Good luck, been there, done that.
replyreply
Yeah im sure i messed up with reseting that filter:( Im taking it to the shop 2moro they said somthing about air blowing it and if that doesn't seem to pass the test they said my best bet is to buy a recon or new
replyreply
11-27-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx 2350 ) 
Don't do yourself any favors by buying their reman CRAP. Every part(doser and DPF) I've ever bought 'reman' was an absolute piece of shi#t. I'd buy aftermarket is they didn't have brand new available.
replyreply
take to hags shop in atlanta. de-mandate it. end of story, headache gone.
replyreply
(11-27-2018 )MageRoyal Wrote:  take to hags shop in atlanta. de-mandate it. end of story, headache gone.

That’s your best option, in my opinion. Otherwise the problems with that stuff will never end.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.