Cummins isx 2350
11-26-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx 2350 ) 
RE: Cummins isx 2350
(11-26-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  ...
and tried to reset the dpf filter

The only time you should do a "reset the dpf" in insite is when you pull it + the DOC, send it off to have uit baked + flow-tested + de-ashed, then re-install it. Performing the "dpf reset" action tells your engine that whatever it is reading is now, even if it is partially clogged up, is now a "0.00" instead of the clogged state it might be in. - The result is the engine complaining about high back-pressure because it was not actually clean when you did this reset but inadvertently lied to the engine instead.

high back-pressure on the engine will kill it or the turbocharger in short order.l Nothing to play with or try to fool into operating when things are wrong.

-- Go pull it, and the DOC off, take them somewhere to have them baked, de-ashed, flow tested, etc. - Replace the gaskets, clean the DOSER injector, replace imap sensor, clean egr valve, piping, and other egr circuits out, inspect/clean the DEF injector and decomp tube, DEF screen filter, etc.

THEN AFTER IT IS CLEANED OUT, you should perform a maint dpf reset on the system so that the engine knows what the pressures reading for a clean system really are, instead of fooling it and it complaining about other things while you chase ghosts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen

Messages In This Thread
Cummins isx 2350 - Pete1990 - 11-26-2018,
RE: Cummins isx 2350 - Rawze - 11-26-2018
RE: Cummins isx 2350 - rrod - 11-27-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.