871 rough start and idle
11-26-2018, (Subject: 871 rough start and idle ) 
871 rough start and idle
So this condition occurred both before de-mandate and after. Owner says it has been running like this for over two years that he’s owned it. Here’s the thing, on start up and after when left both at idle or any rpm in pto mode it runs rough and unsteady. But with foot controlling idle or any rpm it will run normal. It drives good like a normal diesel should now,done by mmaburt.
Valveset has not been done yet and fuel actuators dry. Not to say they aren’t faulty. 17k hrs on engine 300k miles local work.

Any ideas out there why it would act different on different modes? Btw just installed recon ecm.
Thanks for any answers.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
11-26-2018, (Subject: 871 rough start and idle ) 
RE: 871 rough start and idle
i was having an idle issue with my 871 where the truck had a slight rock and sounded almost like you could tell when each cylinder fired at idle or you could call it a surge sounded like a big block with super low compression and a blower. my truck is a 2010 with a 2008 build 871 when i looked with a flashlight all 4 actuators were 2008 stamped so never replaced in 1,040,000miles i replaced all 4 just because my earnings have been good and i could afford it. now idles almost perfectly smooth no more rocking and no more cylinder firing idle sounds.

now i beleive the 1mil+ injectors will be next to further perfect the idle and performance...then maybe a new head as the cheapasses who inframed the truck before i bought it never replaced it just replaced cams/rockers/levers so who knows how far into the heads my valves have sunk. the hopefully will be right as right can be and no more 4.5mpg running 65-68 :(

if i had something to compare the idle to it would be the car in this vid at 50 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w9_bzxCdsc
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
11-27-2018, (Subject: 871 rough start and idle ) 
\
has anyone done this?...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
not on mine cause i cant find anyone nearby with a 3d printer to make me one "cry"
replyreply
Bought one on amazon about $130

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Lonestar10
thanks dos i got mine ordered be here for this weekend off...or atleast off from driving and on duty to wrenching lol.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.