871 rough start and idle
11-26-2018, (Subject: 871 rough start and idle ) 
RE: 871 rough start and idle
i was having an idle issue with my 871 where the truck had a slight rock and sounded almost like you could tell when each cylinder fired at idle or you could call it a surge sounded like a big block with super low compression and a blower. my truck is a 2010 with a 2008 build 871 when i looked with a flashlight all 4 actuators were 2008 stamped so never replaced in 1,040,000miles i replaced all 4 just because my earnings have been good and i could afford it. now idles almost perfectly smooth no more rocking and no more cylinder firing idle sounds.

now i beleive the 1mil+ injectors will be next to further perfect the idle and performance...then maybe a new head as the cheapasses who inframed the truck before i bought it never replaced it just replaced cams/rockers/levers so who knows how far into the heads my valves have sunk. the hopefully will be right as right can be and no more 4.5mpg running 65-68 :(

if i had something to compare the idle to it would be the car in this vid at 50 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w9_bzxCdsc
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2

Messages In This Thread
RE: 871 rough start and idle - Lonestar10 - 11-26-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.