Boosting for no reason
11-27-2018, (Subject: Boosting for no reason ) 
RE: Boosting for no reason
(11-27-2018 )Lostfarmboy Wrote:  I am new to rawze.com. I just purchased a 2010 Pete 386 with a isx 871. I did the egr tune-up and set the overhead before putting it to work but now it is boosting to 20ish pounds when a small amount of throttle is applied at lower rpms. If I let off it then get into it again it doesn't do it. I'm confused.

Is this truck "deleted /de-mandated"? or is it 100% factory stock with the DPF still in tact?.

Does it have the original program in it? or has someone changed the program out with a higher HP program?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
The truck is completely stock with an intact dpf, which finished my forced regen at 1.4, and has a 525 program in it. The valve cover says 525. I don't know how to verify if it's the correct program at this time.
replyreply
Insite shows engine serial number 79411749 and ecm code AV10141.19
replyreply
(11-27-2018 )Lostfarmboy Wrote:  Insite shows engine serial number 79411749 and ecm code AV10141.19

according to quickserv, that is the right program.

I have seen them do similar things when the readings are incorrect from the ambient pressure sensor, delta-p sensor, or exhaust gas pressure sensor. Could also be a leak in the EGR piping somewhere. They like to leak from the boots that wrap around the back of the engine and from the connection at the top of the egr valve.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Lostfarmboy
Are you referring to where the pipe bolts to the top of the EGR valve. because it appears that it is leaking there maybe there is some blow by.
replyreply
(11-27-2018 )Lostfarmboy Wrote:  Are you referring to where the pipe bolts to the top of the EGR valve. because it appears that it is leaking there maybe there is some blow by.

give the large pipe that goes between the top of the egr valve forward to the venturi pipe a hard yank. If it pops off, it is bad. - Seen plenty of them fail right at that joint. Most ppl will put it back in place, mark it, pull it off, and weld it up after they find out how much a new one is.

replyreply
My old 871 used to do that on occasion. It was the pins in the imap sensor not makin agood contact. New pins crimped on solved it
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Lostfarmboy
I had to do that with my upper radiator pipe Rawze. Developed a leak where the old weld met the pipe. Took it to a shop and had them run a new bead around the pipe...no more leaks and $20 was alot better than stealership prices for a new pipe.
replyreply
It appears to be leaking by the gasket. I'll be trying to aquire a new one and see if that cures all. Funny thing it didn't act up once today. Thanks for all your replies I'll let everyone know how it turns out. Hopefully I can gigure out how to get ahold of Gearhead in the near future so I can plan a visit to him. That might help get me off to a better start.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.