ECM wire connectors
11-29-2018, (Subject: ECM wire connectors ) 
ECM wire connectors
I'm working on a 2013 Pete with a cm2250 ISX 12. So I decided to check the wire harnesses on the ECM, there is three blocks that each are held in with a 5/32 allen head screw, two of these are tight, the third? it wiggles? I tried to tighten allen head but its tight? this is the lower one that is two in a row and attached somewhat to upper (engine side). I have tried loosening upper one and when it comes loose I keep turning and the screw pushes connector out, when I loosen lower (that does not tighten) it does the same but when I tighten it the allen head gets tight like it should but plastic block still slops around loose? Lower is down in frame rail and difficult to get out and I'm doing this in the snow :-( so can someone explain what is in connector block? could the outer shroud just be loose? or is the whole connector loose? maybe allen head is bottoming? Is it pins or blades inside? Thx
replyreply
RE: ECM wire connectors
I am not sure on the 2250 but on my 871 there are pins inside . The outer shell is just a plastic shell . There should be zip ties on the bottom holding it together. Or at least on my 871 .
If you pull the plug off make sure you start the plug in first and as you tighen the screw in ,you wiggle the plug the whole time . If the pins don't line up you can push the pins in on the ecm or the plug .
Remember talk to someone a whole lot smarter then me before you take my advice to serious.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
(11-29-2018 )the missing link Wrote:  I am not sure on the 2250 but on my 871 there are pins inside . The outer shell is just a plastic shell . There should be zip ties on the bottom holding it together. Or at least on my 871 .
If you pull the plug off make sure you start the plug in first and as you tighen the screw in ,you wiggle the plug the whole time . If the pins don't line up you can push the pins in on the ecm or the plug .
Remember talk to someone a whole lot smarter then me before you take my advice to serious.
what it feels like ...is the thing has been loose for awhile and maybe vibrated until there is no hold on internal pins? It feels sloppy :-(
replyreply
The outer plastic piece and the plug are two different pieces . Cut the zip tie off and lift the outer cover and see if the plug is loose . If the screw is tight , the plug should be tight .
You are being warned ...
The pins take special crimp tool and pins .
Just check the plastic cover and put a new zip tie on and leave it alone .

replyreply
Oh in case you can't see it the outer case hinges on the top of the plug . So cut the zip tie , lift the bottom so it hinges up , check the plug and put it back down ,add new zip tie , done .

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.