Ism injector
12-03-2018, (Subject: Ism injector ) 
Ism injector
I have a 2003 ism. No Jake's.

How long should it take to change an injector?

I've only changed injectors in a isx, I imagine if I can do a isx a ism would be easy?

Cummins said it would take less than 4 hrs

I want to save money. Thanks
replyreply
12-08-2018, (Subject: Ism injector ) 
RE: Ism injector
So I am in the process of changing the injector. I got the new one in but I can't find the timing marks. I'm assuming it's because the pulley is so rusty and pitted. I've tried cleaning with a wire wheel but can't find.

So.... My question is since I'm changing the injector on the number 2 cyl can I roll over motor till number 5 cyl valves start to move? Or does it not work like that? I was thinking if number 5 is moving then number 2 is closed.

Thanks
replyreply
The marks are usually hard to find. They can be on the front or back lip of the fuel pump/accessory drive pulley. If you bar it around until the intake of #5 travels all the way open then stops you'll be very close. At this point, see what you can find close to the 12 oclock position on the pulley.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Rawze
I did that but couldn't find the marks still. It's so pitted and rusty but I used that and did my adjustments. Runs good. Thanks for the help
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.