Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
12-27-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
RE: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
(12-22-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  https://youtu.be/iLe9BT4vrsM
Different animal .....they do operate under the same principal but there are stages and the third stage uses your turbo and computations from ecm.

this is my cm2250 jake head there are two of them (front and rear) you can see the selinoid, two wires, to test you check ohms on them. you can pull them out and there is a screen on orifice at bottom make sure its clean (screen kinda just pops off)

Didn't check any of that I just replaced them. Jerry said that the issue is internal so testing the connectors won't show the internal issue
replyreply
12-27-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
(12-27-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  
(12-22-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  https://youtu.be/iLe9BT4vrsM
Different animal .....they do operate under the same principal but there are stages and the third stage uses your turbo and computations from ecm.

this is my cm2250 jake head there are two of them (front and rear) you can see the selinoid, two wires, to test you check ohms on them. you can pull them out and there is a screen on orifice at bottom make sure its clean (screen kinda just pops off)

Didn't check any of that I just replaced them. Jerry said that the issue is internal so testing the connectors won't show the internal issue
Was that the fix?
replyreply
01-03-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
Replaced the Jake brake solenoids over 2k ago and so far no issues . Looks like that was the issue
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , Rawze
01-08-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
(01-03-2019 )Tamip Wrote:  Replaced the Jake brake solenoids over 2k ago and so far no issues . Looks like that was the issue

Almost 4k now still no issues
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , snailexpress
01-09-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
(01-08-2019 )Tamip Wrote:  
(01-03-2019 )Tamip Wrote:  Replaced the Jake brake solenoids over 2k ago and so far no issues . Looks like that was the issue

Almost 4k now still no issues

Hopefully it is fixed. Maybe others with similar problems will know the answer to this one and it will help them too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-09-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
So basically what I had happen was driving down the road and all of the sudden truck skipping back and white smoke. No power at all... Pulled to the side of the road. Got out with it half running and you could smell it was over fueling .So my first thought was i just blew a injector tip. I didnt want to drive it back so as i shut truck off. And was calling for a tow truck. I wasnt all the way out of the road so I figured Id move it when I started it back up it ran ok. I headed back to the shop. Once I got back it was doing it again. I pulled valve cover and thats when I saw that the rear section of jakes was activated. I remove the wire thinking something was turning it on. Come to find out the internal seal was leaking oil seep through and go to jake rockers causing them to open exhaust valve and ecm didnt know it so it was still fueling cylinder and causing it to smoke.
So in the end if you ever have a ISX that starts smoking and no power like its running on 3 cylinders pull valve cover and see if jakes are rocking easy way to check it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , imalumberjack , Rawze , Chamberpains , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.