2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue
12-06-2018, (Subject: 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue ) 
2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue
Good morning,

I forgot to post this when it happened; last week.

ISSUES OF NOTE: While driving for some time on highway and getting off HEST light comes on. I understand this means high exhaust temp, be careful when parking near grass, etc... I also notice than when loaded heavy and climbing hills my truck's CEL light comes on. I'll stop check everything under the hood, normal looksy and shut her off the light goes away. After a couple of times of doing this, the yellow REGEN comes on.

Last week while performing a parked REGEN - the truck would not complete the process. I would get the process to start, but it would not finish. I did this three time in the course of the day, I would say about 45 minutes each time.

Dropped my load off in Cartersville GA and drove down the road to the TA to have JPRO hooked up. Exhaust Gas Temp 572, DOC Inlet Temp 572, DPF Outlet Gas Temp 1013 and still the REGEN process did not want to finish. The tech cleared my ash level to see if that would work and nothing.

I got some recommended solutions, drop and burn the DPF / DOC, sensors, etc.. I didn't feel comfortable because I felt he was just trying to fix the problem by elimination and that could cost me a lot of cash. So I tried to fool the system by disconnecting the speed sensor to head home to fix the issue. I got a couple hundred miles down the road and broke down - the dreaded DERATE RED ENG light.

Got towed to a Freightliner ($470) and waited around all day for them to say, we forced REGEN the truck and all is GOOD.... I'm not complaining ($296), just a little confused. So last night enroute to Conyers GA coming off the highway to rest the HEST light came on and then after shifting gears to the stop it went off, then at the end of the day the same thing happened, the HEST light came on again.

Has anyone ever experienced these symptoms or can lead provide some help with these issues. My plan is to return home and drop the DOC / DPF and check them out. The Doser Pen was R&R Oct 2017. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and be safe
replyreply
RE: 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue
pull apart the rest of the EGR system and clean it out / replace the sensors while your at it. DPF issues are generally a sign that the ENGINE is not running right. The exhaust system is simply the filter that has to deal with whatever soot/coolant/oil, or whatever else is being pushed into it.

While your at it, pull off the DPF and DOC, take pictures of their faces and post them here for some opinions. Also have them baked and flow tested while thety are off the truck. Also take pictures of the face of your SCR + inspect your decomp tube+ def injector if you have a truck that takes def.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: martinef1963 , Oldad6150
What were the hg reading after freightliner did the forced regen?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: martinef1963
hhow55,

FL did not inform me of that info, probably my fault for not asking.

Headed down to Miami next week and will not be out until next year, will have all that stuff done and hope all will be ok. Will post pixs, etc...

thanks Rawze, hhow55
replyreply
12-08-2018, (Subject: 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue ) 
It’s a must to clean I was having problems till I got on this site and started getting pointers once I actually got to it and stripped the exhaust system apart and cleaned it with a fine tooth brush and changed all sensors my problems have seemed to vanish
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-08-2018, (Subject: 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue ) 
I own a 11 Cascadia with a dd15, it has the dpf. Mine was having problems doing a regen, wouldn't complete. I took that dozer injector or whatever u want to call it and stuck a bolt in the hole to clean it out as it was plugged. I'm assuming it builds up with carbon. I clean it out every winter.

Literally take a bolt and when u stick it in you will fell the build up and just tap in with your hand and it breaks free.

I haven't had any problems sense. It regents like it should when it calls for it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-09-2018, (Subject: 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue ) 
To the OP just so you know, for the price of that tow job and stealership overpriced crap diagnosis, you could buy a laptop and the software necessary to check your own codes and do forced regens. Buy a laptop and check Ebay or other sources for Detroit Diesel Diagnostic software and then carry that in the truck with you. You would of saved yourself the cost of the tow, forced regen, the time to get towed and the sitting around all day for the forced regen on the very 1st problem. Just imagine how many times, how much time and $$ you'll save when these problems keep coming back and you can handle then on your own on the side of the road, truckstop, at home or where ever you need because you have the same damn tool as the stealership's right in the truck with you. Take the money and time to purchase and learn how to use it. There's A LOT of money and stress reduction in doing so.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.