ISX-15 pushing coolant from pressure cap on reservoir tank
01-18-2019, (Subject: ISX-15 pushing coolant from pressure cap on reservoir tank ) 
RE: ISX-15 pushing coolant from pressure cap on reservoir tank
Long story short, i had it over hauled. Another brand new cummins head. My 5th cylinder was the issue. Did my first trip, 7.8k miles so far no issues.

Rawze I may need it tuned. I had a shop out of Portland tune it for me about 2 years ago from 450 to 500. I want to go back to stock. And Im not planning to go to Oregon. Can you PM your info. Thanks
replyreply
01-18-2019, (Subject: ISX-15 pushing coolant from pressure cap on reservoir tank ) 
(01-18-2019 )JP57 Wrote:  Long story short, i had it over hauled. Another brand new cummins head. My 5th cylinder was the issue. Did my first trip, 7.8k miles so far no issues.

Rawze I may need it tuned. I had a shop out of Portland tune it for me about 2 years ago from 450 to 500. I want to go back to stock. And Im not planning to go to Oregon. Can you PM your info. Thanks

I pray they machined the block and set the appropriate liner heights. Or you will have to do this again. Been there, done that.
replyreply
I hope that tune also is done right. Why does it seem that I remember reading on here about the hackjob sh!tshow tuner outfit that was out of Oregon?

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
These engines have some definite issues with shims and counter bore. I can’t believe what little material in the block holds this thing together. Just the shims themselves are not wide enough in my opinion. If there not perfectly centered, the liner is just barely even hanging on the ledge.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(01-18-2019 )JP57 Wrote:  Long story short, i had it over hauled. Another brand new cummins head. My 5th cylinder was the issue. Did my first trip, 7.8k miles so far no issues.

I PM'd you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.