Southern California Shop Recommendations?
12-07-2018, (Subject: Southern California Shop Recommendations? ) 
Southern California Shop Recommendations?
Just bought a '08 (title says '09, door plate says '08) Pete 386, ISX15. I'm assuming this is a CM870? I don't know anything about it, trying to learn all I can here.
Can anyone recommend a shop for programming, etc. in Southern California? I'm looking to avoid another thread on the Custom Tuning Nightmares Forum.

Thanks

User's Signature: Owner Operator
'08 Pete 386 ISX15 - Ravens 48' flatbed
'85 Pete 359 - Retired to save the planet
replyreply
12-07-2018, (Subject: Southern California Shop Recommendations? ) 
RE: Southern California Shop Recommendations?
I'm in nor Cal and most of the shops here have one journeyman and half a dozen apprentices :-( your just as good "practicing" on your truck as they are.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress , TBEV
12-08-2018, (Subject: Southern California Shop Recommendations? ) 
(12-07-2018 )TBEV Wrote:  Just bought a '08 (title says '09, door plate says '08) Pete 386, ISX15. I'm assuming this is a CM870? I don't know anything about it, trying to learn all I can here.
Can anyone recommend a shop for programming, etc. in Southern California? I'm looking to avoid another thread on the Custom Tuning Nightmares Forum.

Thanks

a truck with cm870 engine is not legal in Cali any ways. No DPF on it means it gets towed to the state line with a heavy fine.

An 08 though, should have a DPF and be legal.

As far as work to it goes in that region,.. NONE I WOULD TRUST OR EVEN SEND MY ENEMIES TO OUT THERE!.

take a trip to the far east (atlanta_) or get with Unilevers.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TBEV
(12-08-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-07-2018 )TBEV Wrote:  Just bought a '08 (title says '09, door plate says '08) Pete 386, ISX15. I'm assuming this is a CM870? I don't know anything about it, trying to learn all I can here.

Thanks

a truck with cm870 engine is not legal in Cali any ways. No DPF on it means it gets towed to the state line with a heavy fine.

As far as work to it goes in that region,.. NONE I WOULD TRUST OR EVEN SEND MY ENEMIES TO OUT THERE!.

Yes, must have minimum of DPF and its good for 3 more years. Had a contractor friend with half a dozen trucks one of his drivers used a non compliant truck just for a couple loads? Got popped! $10,000.00 fine!
replyreply
There is a guy in Ventura that is pretty good. He is also very honest and takes pride in his work. He maintains a fleet of 10 or more trucks all with red motors. PM me if you want his contact.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard
(12-08-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  

Thanks

Yeah it's got DPF' first thing I got to spend money on was having them baked, pretty much right off the bat. Three more years in Cali, that's exactly what I'm looking for, then it's on to sandy beaches. . I hope. . Am I correct in assuming it's a CM871?

I'm also trying to figure out the cheapest best scanner option, it's looking like I need:

dedicated laptop for a couple hundred bucks w\no internet connection

Inline 6 adapter for a couple hundred bucks

And I'm still trying to figure out version of what software I should get and if it's possible to get an older version and not have to pay yearly.

Thanks for helping the new guy, I appreciate everything!

User's Signature: Owner Operator
'08 Pete 386 ISX15 - Ravens 48' flatbed
'85 Pete 359 - Retired to save the planet
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
Boy I'm glad I'm around ATL.
replyreply
12-09-2018, (Subject: Southern California Shop Recommendations? ) 
Insite version 7.6.2 with SP5 (service pack 5) is what you want to search out for software. You can google search it to find the software or use the google search bar at the top of the home page on this site for info on it and sime places to find it.
More often than not, the software comes with the sale of the inline adapter. Just be sure it comes with the version mentioned above. Anything Version 8 and newer is subscription based.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TBEV
12-15-2018, (Subject: Southern California Shop Recommendations? ) 
Are there any forum members or vendors that are members that anyone recommends, I'd like to keep the money "in the family" if possible.

How about any resources for learning what to do with the software once I get it, what to look for, etc? I'm sure there's more harm to be done than good if you don't know what your doing.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.